AS-90 in Iraq - 1/35 Trumpeter

V

virtue66

Good day to you people. Hope you readers having a good day and all are good.

As you all aware, I'm building a fleet of SPG and this is my final entry on the line. The fleet is a total of 7 SPGs consisting the the Dana, Type 99, Pzh2000, AuF1, K9, 2s19 Msta and this AS-90.

I was lucky enough to get it for £15 posted including the metal barrel with the sagged recoil sleeve. I also indulged myself with a Eduard upgrade set. I didn't spent money on the second set which consisted of the basket on top and the grilles. I thought it would be waste of £7.

As you all know, the British Army desert colour is something that is very hard to paint and there is no exact shade available out there. So using XF-59 desert yellow as a base, I decided to play around with the high light and shadow as I know this will be a monotone vehicle anyway. Four other colours were used to play around with the highlights and shadows - XF-68 Nato Brown, XF-72 JGSDF Brown, XF-57 Buff and XF-55 Deck Tan.

For the weathering, I wanted to show it used well enough from the strong offensive as we have seen during the Iraqi war. I also wanted to show a lot of sand and dusts on it to depict a vehicle going through the very harsh desert environment.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/as-90-in-iraq-135-trumpeter.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

T

tommy1drop

Lovely build and finish as always, never get bored of looking at your builds;)

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Fantastic Gary...again!

I've got this one on my desk...going for Bosnia conflict, I've got AM bits for it as well, just hope it turns out as good as yours ;)

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I have to echo the the rest Gary , it's fantastic and you've got a nice effect on that sand :smiling3:

D

dubster72

So that's the last of your ' long guns ' Gary? ;)

It's an excellent build, never easy to make a monochrome subject look interesting, but you've achieved it here.

The weathering effects really suit the subject & theatre.

Cheers

Patrick

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Fantastic Gary,build ,lov seeing your work, and as always a top finish, :D