Assault Ardennes so far

First Name
Robert
View attachment 105835

View attachment 105836

Hi chaps this is my diorama so far and idea of how to have it. Got the Hetzer almost finished needs a bit more work weatgering and tracks and I have the tank rides in the positions I want to have them displayed, the troops are from das reich 2nd ss panzer and the scene will be the two on top of hetzer arguing over a frauline the other troops listening in to the gossip but keeping an ever watchful eye for the enemy.

Base will be made from picture frame with field ( real earth with elmers glue all )and foliage and slight snow

Still a ways to go but wanted to show my progress so far

All usual comments welcome View attachment 105835

View attachment 105835

View attachment 105835

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice start Robert I like that hertzer it's com along nicely:smiling3:

Did you know that the Germans called this offensive 'operation watch on the Rhine ', it doesn't seem to have an impact I don't think , it sounds like two soldiers talking about football while sitting on a river bank dangling their feet in the water and not a major counter offensive

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Nice start Robert I like that hertzer it's com along nicely:smiling3:
Did you know that the Germans called this offensive 'operation watch on the Rhine ', it doesn't seem to have an impact I don't think , it sounds like two soldiers talking about football while sitting on a river bank dangling their feet in the water and not a major counter offensive
Hi Alan I wa thinking of a rest break for the diorama bug I thoughtbas tge tank was slowly going through the fields the two rides on top were discussing about a woman they were both after before the assault ( wanted to bring a bit of humour/ life to the scene ) war is an awful thing but we seldom see the men who fight are humans just like us eh?

Onwards with the fun part in painting the men with three tone jackets!!!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Yeah I'm like that Robert but it's quite hard to get figures that interact like the ones you've found , I have done a similar thing with tankers playing football with two tank crews and some civilians looking on

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Good start, I'll be checking in periodically ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great start

But it looks more like on a frozen lake/river on the eastern front at the moment rather than the Ardennes :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks interesting will keep an eye on this, ;)

First Name
Richard
That is definitely looking promising, want to see what you do with it. ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well this is looking interesting indeed,nice lot of green stuff you have, ;)

First Name
Robert
Eventually got round to doing my hetzer tracks ( remind me why I chose separate links??? Achieved some sag which I think would occur on a slow moving tank sorry this project taking time but time constraints work etc View attachment 108122

image.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Nice job on the figures and that plane , looks great
Thanks Dougie, it's a Fw 190 A8 missing a rear cockpit canopy ( I stood on it and lost all the pieces.

So I either get a full canopy replacement ( internals as well or I might crash and wreck it and dona burnt out shot down?

( Bodenplate??

Regards

Robert

Ps the other aircraft is a sky raider 1/3 built

D

dougie

\ said:
Thanks Dougie, it's a Fw 190 A8 missing a rear cockpit canopy ( I stood on it and lost all the pieces.
So I either get a full canopy replacement ( internals as well or I might crash and wreck it and dona burnt out shot down?

( Bodenplate??

Regards

Robert

Ps the other aircraft is a sky raider 1/3 built
Hard decision. wrecked stuff is cool but so is a fully built model!

First Name
Robert