AT-ST Scout Walker

W

Waffen Bucks

I have had this kit for two years, and after seeing Beav1013's build of this last year, I decided to do mine and get it off the "to do" list.

This is an MPC/Ertl SNAP kit. More of a PUSH together kit but I had shied away from the SNAP kits, as I felt they were a bit "childish".

But I was quite wrong and will my hold up my hands and say it.

The detail is rather good on this kit and with a few trims here and there, it has fit together rather well.

I primed the kit with Halfords primer, then using Vallejo paints, airbrushed with German Grey on the edges, Black and then Grey.

Decided then, to scratch build a hand rail to go around the egress hatch.

Another few sprays of the AB with German Grey, Grey and then Light Grey. Weathered a little bit with Tamiya weather dusts and will do a few other weathering parts when my new AB from the Scale Model Shop :smiling3: arrives.

Will probably cut the Command Viewports out. Should have done this at the start but go into airbrushing it and couldn't stop myself...hehehehe.

Will do a diorama/plinth to go with it once it's done.

Really enjoying this build and the airbrushing. I enjoy all my Star Wars kits but as this was a SNAP kit, I wasn't expecting much from it...serves me right!!!!

View attachment 90901

View attachment 90902

View attachment 90903

View attachment 90904

View attachment 90905

View attachment 90906

View attachment 90907

View attachment 90908

View attachment 90909

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

M

Mike

Where do you get Star Wars kits from? Would love to do this

Or an AT-AT

Or the Millenium Falcon

Or an X-Wing

Or an Imperial Star Destroyer!

Or, THE DEATH STAR!!!!!

D

dubster72

I'm loving this one Andrew! Great work with the AB, it looks very realistic - on a dio base that will be ace!

Cheers

Patrick

W

Waffen Bucks

\ said:
Where do you get Star Wars kits from? Would love to do thisOr an AT-AT

Or the Millenium Falcon

Or an X-Wing

Or an Imperial Star Destroyer!

Or, THE DEATH STAR!!!!!
EvilBay Mike. Picked up this kit for about £11 I think. I have a few to do. Slave 1, Falcon, X-Wing, Speeder Bike, Star Destroyer

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Nice one Andrew, i do like it alot,very well done, ;)

i would not mind having a go at some as well, ,I,m with Mike,

what scale ?

and what was the evilbay search for ? please, :D

as some times it hates me and dose not show, :confused:

W

Waffen Bucks

\ said:
Nice one Andrew, i do like it alot,very well done, ;) i would not mind having a go at some as well, ,I,m with Mike,

what scale ?

It measures 6.25" high and about 3.5" wide, so I would guestimate at 1:48 scale

In evilbay I think I put "star wars model kits " or you could try "star wars snap kits".

I was just surfing on there and I found it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That looks much better than the pre painted version I've seen , nice job

Are theses the same as the revell ST snap kits ?

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
Nice one Andrew, i do like it alot,very well done, ;) i would not mind having a go at some as well, ,I,m with Mike,

what scale ?

Monica, I just put in "AT ST kit" and it came up with a few. These tend to be in Europe but I'm sure they could be posted to you.

Andrew, great job on the painting and just shows yet again what really lovely looking models can be made from any sort of kit, just look at Si's tractor! Wonderful shades and textures and I'm sure this is going to end up just as good as the best Tamiya could produce.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Cracking work, I did the snap kit Snowspeeder, easy and fun and the scope for weathering, battering is huge without the fuss of the build first.

These make a nice, fun build between more serious works.

Si:smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

These are just the type of things I was thinking of yesterday for those of us who may have misplaced our 'Mojo'!!

Easy to put together but still great fun from a painting angle and a quick bit of satisfaction to give the Mojo a boost.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Richard, Andrew, i will give it a shot, and see how i go,

only some times i cannot get sent down under for some reason,:rolleyes:

W

Waffen Bucks

\ said:
That looks much better than the pre painted version I've seen , nice jobAre theses the same as the revell ST snap kits ?
These MPC/Ertl SNAP kits are not pre painted. They are just light grey. The Revell ones (from the ones I've seen) are pre painted. The fittings male/female, seem to be the same.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
These MPC/Ertl SNAP kits are not pre painted. They are just light grey. The Revell ones (from the ones I've seen) are pre painted. The fittings male/female, seem to be the same.
Cheers Andrew I might have a look for that star destroyer:smiling3:

D

dubster72

\ said:
ta Richard, Andrew, i will give it a shot, and see how i go,only some times i cannot get sent down under for some reason,:rolleyes:
If you have troubles sending something down under Monica, I'm sure someone here could do that for you. I recently sent some car parts to a VW club member in Malta - he couldn't find a company willing to ship it!

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Patrick, that is a very good idea, , thank you for saying it,

i did have problems with some company,in the US that would not send to Aust, as well, ;)