Autumn diorama

M

mobear

if this is a test piece do not show me a proper one lol,fantastic quality of materials used,looks like a 3d photo

mobear

J

Jim Scott

Many thanks for the compliments guys, as soon as I get a half descent camera I will take some better pictures, and thanks for the suggestions I will give the fence extension some thought Ron & also Colin's idea of more small pebbles around the rocks. The bridge will also be on my workbench.

Just to let you know I have put up another thread "testing the water"

Jim

J

Jim Scott

Hi All latest instalment. Just finished the scratch build bridge, some minor adjustments required and some weathering. The shell of the German armoured car was for scale comparison.

Now the search for the intended armour begins. And many thanks to Colin for his help today.

View attachment 57706

View attachment 59626

image.jpg

P

phalinmegob

nice bridge mate, told you they were dead easy to make didnt i.

C

CDW

Glad i was able to point you in the right direction. :smiling3:

That bridge is really neat and tidy .... might have to try a 35th scale job myself at some time.

J

Jim Scott

Thanks chaps, As Phalinmegob said "there a piece of cake", and I took his advice regarding the superglue worked a treat.

P

phalinmegob

just needs roughing up a bit to make it look old and used. another hint that may be of use,i built two originally,the first was painted and it looked awfull. on the one that got uesd i just made a greyish wash(oil paint and white spirit) and slobbered it all over. the end results was much better as the bits of grain show through and make some random knots with sharp pencil.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Been watching from the sidelines Jim, but thought I'd add my tuppence worth on this cracking looking dio. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Tony.