Azure blue in acrylic... help please

W

wbk666

I'm about to start on a p-40 and need an azure blue in acrylic.

It seems humbrol don't make one and i'm limited as to what brands a can get.

Revell aqua color or vallejo air would be preferable.

Can anyone suggest a paint?

I did google it but was baffled by some of the answers that cropped up.

T

tecdes

Wayne. Vallejo do an Azure in Model Colour (ie not Model Air)

It is 70-902 Model Colour Azure.

BUT. Manufacturers of paint give their colours names. You may find that another manufacturer calls their paint colour Azure but both may turn out to be inconsistent with each other.

Do the instructions give a manufacturer code number for Humbrol or another etc. ?. This can then be cross matched. Vallejo have a file which cross matches their paint colours with all the leading manufacturers. If you have the number let me have it & I will do a match if possible.

By the way when I have ordered form Johns Shop above the stuff comes down next day.

Laurie

W

wbk666

i've just checked vallejos site and cant find that one but found model air 71.004 that looks ok to my eyes. any thoughts?

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Azur Blue, as used on the underside of fighters in that theatre of operations, had two very similar shades.

Vallejo Air 71.108 UK Azur represent the main one while Vallejo Air 711.111 UK Azur Mediteranean is good for the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wbk666

Yes i've just seen 71.108 at the bottom of their list posted as new so i think thats my problem solved, now to find the best price for it ;D