Badger 200G - Needle fit?

C

Cooperman69

Badger 200G question

Haven't had my Badger long and it's the first AB I've owned so I'm not really familiar with the build and tolerance an AB should have.

On cleaning the AB tonight I was checking the needle was clean and noticed that when I adjust the needle (opening it) the needle moves back into the port/venturi nice and smooth and it's also dead straight, but it sits against the side of the port all the way from closed to fully open.

It is in the same position all the way back and forward and does not spiral at all when turned so it is definitely straight and the adjuster is very smooth.

Does the needle have to be smack in the middle of the paint venturi/port, or will it still atomize OK as the air passes over it if it's slightly to one side? Does the needle just regulate the amount of paint flowing into the air stream?

To be honest it is really hard to see, it is that minutely off, and I may be being a little OCD over nothing at all, but never owning one before I have nothing to compare it too.

Would someone be so kind to have a look at theirs?

Thanks, Colin.

Last edited:
P

phalinmegob

i have a badger 200 which i use all the time but it is the old style head.i am not exactly sure where you mean the needle is touching,do you mean if you take the colour cup off and then look inside there because on mine(if thats were you mean) is very slightly off centre.

C

Cooperman69

Sorry, I didn't make it very clear really.

It's where the needle protrudes through the nozzle.

It's a little off centre on mine too as you wind it back and forth, but it does stay in the same position to one side so is not bent at all.

Must admit it is ever so slight, it's really hard to see unless you shadow it against a very bright background.

I guess if yours is off centre and you've had it years I'm really worrying over nothing.

Thanks for looking for me,

Atb, Colin.