Bandai kits

B

badbob

Looking into one of the Bandai kits I know not classed as proper models because pre-painted but I'm rubbish at building styrene models. Have a few Star Trek kits sitting in there boxes (DS9 optical station especially hard) The Klingon cruisers are almost glued together they were quite easy but I know I'll ruin them with the paint job, and from past attempts I'd rather someone with some skill build them.

As for the Bandai kits heard the lights are a bit weedy for the older models, is it possible to replace the bulbs with brighter LED's?

S

Spyderman_uk

\ said:
Looking into one of the Bandai kits I know not classed as proper models because pre-painted but I'm rubbish at building styrene models. Have a few Star Trek kits sitting in there boxes (DS9 optical station especially hard) The Klingon cruisers are almost glued together they were quite easy but I know I'll ruin them with the paint job, and from past attempts I'd rather someone with some skill build them.As for the Bandai kits heard the lights are a bit weedy for the older models, is it possible to replace the bulbs with brighter LED's?
Hi Bob and welcome to the forum!

I am of the opinion that any kit that takes your interest is valid.

Some folks are fabulous at painting and detailing their models, and that I could not hope to be any where near as good as them.

Equally I find that there are others that are happy to accept something that I may find not up to standard for me. In fact a lot of my models do not reach my own satisfaction. :smiling3:

Some folks model trains, some planes, some boats, Sci Fi, etc. You'll find we are not judgemental here on what you model as there is always something we can share.

That is the joy of this hobby. There is no boundary as to what is considered acceptable or not. The only limit is, do you find it acceptable?

What is the kit that you are refering to?

Replacing a bulb with a LED shouldn't be difficult and should run cooler. All you will need is a suitable sized LED and resister for the voltage you wish to run it from.

However having really bright lights shinning from some models can be too overpowering. Sometimes weedy is better for scale. :smiling3:

I have seen somewhere on the web a beautiful model of a Star Destroyer from Star Wars resplendent with tons of fibre optics all over it. The main thing that put me off was it was far too bright. This spoiled it's scale appearance and made it look more like a table lamp. In my opinion any way. ;)

Ask away as there is usually someone that can help.

Terry