Bandi Star Wars kits

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
seen this yesterday on britmodeller, now I don't know if these are kits or statics but in one place it mentions kits , I've been looking for decent SW kits for ages

http://www.hobbylink.tv/the-star-wars-invasion-of-bandai-commences

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow Alan i think i could get into some of theses myshelf, do like the looks of them

it dose say some think about Scheduled to release this autumn/fall so thats the US,

do let me know if you find out more, plz :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Interesting, most oldish Bandia kits are a combination of pre-coloured parts that you do glue, looks really nice, and even if they are part-painted then the options for detailing and enhancement are huge.

Si:smiling3:

D

dubster72

That better be true! I'm drooling at the thought of a 1/48 X-Wing! And the Star Destroyer?? I need to lie down!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
wow Alan i think i could get into some of theses myshelf, do like the looks of themit dose say some think about Scheduled to release this autumn/fall so thats the US,

do let me know if you find out more, plz :D
Something this big could be at the Telford show so I'll keep you informed:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Interesting, most oldish Bandia kits are a combination of pre-coloured parts that you do glue, looks really nice, and even if they are part-painted then the options for detailing and enhancement are huge.Si:smiling3:
I have been told they won't be released in Europe but I doubt that seeing as this is star wars and the new film comes out next year :smiling3:

Even if they are preprinted the detail on them is very good so you could very well improve them with a bit of weathering :smiling3:

\ said:
That better be true! I'm drooling at the thought of a 1/48 X-Wing! And the Star Destroyer?? I need to lie down!
that star destroyer is something else , I want that and no matter what the cost it will be mine !

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I have been told they won't be released in Europe but I doubt that seeing as this is star wars and the new film comes out next year :smiling3: Even if they are preprinted the detail on them is very good so you could very well improve them with a bit of weathering :smiling3:

that star destroyer is something else , I want that and no matter what the cost it will be mine !
Be prepared for a hefty sum if it does to fruition-looking at around £300 + I reckon.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Be prepared for a hefty sum if it does to fruition-looking at around £300 + I reckon.Si:smiling3:
Worth it though ay mate :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, yes and no. Lot of money plus it will take a lot of space and then there is storing it once built. Looks cool though I must admit.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, yes and no. Lot of money plus it will take a lot of space and then there is storing it once built. Looks cool though I must admit.Si:smiling3:
Mate well I'm lucky because I've just gained a room so there's no problem for me

W

Waffen Bucks

Ahhhhh man!!! :sad:

My wallet is going into cardiac arrest already

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
As soon as they come out ill see what's available but I am going to do a repaint of the falcon in 1/72 scale , it's the pre painted snap kit which does look ok on its own but I want to do it so more of the detail comes out

Here's how it looks at the moment View attachment 89561

as you can see there is no depth to it
image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
As soon as they come out ill see what's available but I am going to do a repaint of the falcon in 1/72 scale , it's the pre painted snap kit which does look ok on its own but I want to do it so more of the detail comes outHere's how it looks at the moment View attachment 90297as you can see there is no depth to it
Time to ruin it... :D

The snowspeeder was the same sort of kit, I repainted section and then weathered, should look great when done Al.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Time to ruin it... :D The snowspeeder was the same sort of kit, I repainted section and then weathered, should look great when done Al.

I was looking for the snowspeeder when I got this but they didn't have it , I'm currently working on an X Wing of my sons for some practice:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This clip kits are superb for this type of work, no faffing just get on with it and try stuff out on. Problem is that these kits are getting thin on the ground and in some cases can be more expensive that a larger normal model kit.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
This clip kits are superb for this type of work, no faffing just get on with it and try stuff out on. Problem is that these kits are getting thin on the ground and in some cases can be more expensive that a larger normal model kit.Si:smiling3:
I agree mate that falcon cost £45 so not cheep at all and tbh not worth the price simply because of the fun being taken away by few parts and detail being a bit ropey in places

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
was having alook again at some of them the x-wings and the other fighters look great and i do like this one :rolleyes:

hope we can find out more info about when and were you can get them and the cost scares me :confused:

View attachment 89591

Bandai51.jpg

N

noble

Looking forward to these coming out, any idea of the scale?

Scott