Battle Damaged/Destroyed LAV III

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
I went from a scratch built LAV III to a destroyed and rusty LAV III. Thought I'll experiment a little with the idea. I had seen many tanks being modelled as damaged or completely destroyed and was curious to see how a LAV III would look, since I have not seen any modelled before. So here are some pics of a scratch built LAV III that I built and now, I have turned it into a Completely destroyed and rotten down vehicle.

Just a small note. The bottle on the antenna and green tarp were removed after the pics were taken. The main reason for the tire on the turret is simply to hide a physical mistake I did during the building process. I understand those tires are heavy but let's assume they were put up on the turret by a hydraulic lift for purely personal reasons by the crew friends.

The concept of the layout of the display, is that this LAV was moved into a scrap depot. So it is not the point of origin where the attack to place. Secondly, the rear tires were just put there for pure esthetic's reasoning. I really wanted to show the tires, so that's why two were left. I know logically I should have not made that particular area around the tires seem so hot. I have already planned on moving them. I have another placement for them that will not be so questionable about why only two tires remain without completely being burnt out.

J

JFJ

Thats a wonderful diorama Charles. Very realistic weathering too. I like it :respect1:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful work Charles. ***** from me.

Gern

A

andygh

Top job, that's the best looking wreck I've seen :grinball1:

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Glad you guys like what I've done. :smiling3:

F

Fenlander

What an amazing build! Superbly finished and great concept. I wish I could do stuff like that, just superb......

T

treyzx10r

nicely done! I really like the effect you got with the shreaded tires

tiking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Charles
Thanks Scott. Glad you like it. happy new year.