Battle of Easting 73

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brill Greg :thumb2:
Don't think it's easy to achieve damage , not the case of just bash it. Like the way this is going don't suppose you are going to treat me to fire as well ?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Greg
Modelling at its very best. Your attention to detail is impressive. Creating realistic damage is hard but well within your skills.
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Brill Greg :thumb2:
Don't think it's easy to achieve damage , not the case of just bash it. Like the way this is going don't suppose you are going to treat me to fire as well ?
Thanks John but no fire will be done... i'm not as skilled as you are ... Smiling6.png Smiling6.png Smiling6.png

Hi Greg
Modelling at its very best. Your attention to detail is impressive. Creating realistic damage is hard but well within your skills.
Jim
Thank you Jim the damaging is difficult but rewarding
The damage looks very convincing so far Greg. Great stuff.
Thank you Peter

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice work on the damage Greg. It is indeed good fun to do. How is the damage being caused in your imagination because if its being caused by something hitting the tank from above then would the metal shards be pointing downwards instead of up??? Or was it an explosion from underneath? Just a thought

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent start Greg.
A long way to go before completion, but you will have fun all the way creating the damage. - I did!

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Nice work on the damage Greg. It is indeed good fun to do. How is the damage being caused in your imagination because if its being caused by something hitting the tank from above then would the metal shards be pointing downwards instead of up??? Or was it an explosion from underneath? Just a thought
Well Steve The hit came from the left side of tank by an uranium depleted penetrator which caused a catastrophic explosion by hitting a shell and then went right through the hull and exited by the right side of the tank....this is what i see

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Dear all today's work l continued the turret..and i did a dry fitting with some blue tak...it looks really cool...
Just for you to know...from tomorrow it will be impossible for me to do anything...l'll be at the shop until the 24th non stop.....l just hate Christmas...well l'll look and like all your work...but for me it will be next year...
20191209_184156.jpg20191209_184122.jpg

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Terrific update Greg. Glad you put me in the picture with the reasoning around the damage. A great idea and well thought out. Best of luck with the Christmas rush at the shop. Have a wonderful festive period after hours.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Dear all..l'm back...as usual the Christmas period is very challenging in the shop...after 1050 customer served and happy, my wife and l are soooo glad it's over ....
Here is today's work adding details on the turret of the T72...
Have a nice evening and Happy ( late ) New Year20200105_183319.jpg20200105_183344.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Greg,
Sounds like you had a good Christmas. The build is looking good. And a belated Happy new year to you and the Mrs.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Greg,
Sounds like you had a good Christmas. The build is looking good. And a belated Happy new year to you and the Mrs.
my Boss had a nice Christmas...the shop is not ours... but luckily l have a job..

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Just had a lovely catch up Greg. Very impressive work. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.