Beach front and cliff.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow, very nice indeed Stephen.
You've even caught the water line on the beach .
Can you post any photos of the actual construction and materials used please .

StephenN

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Wow, very nice indeed Stephen.
You've even caught the water line on the beach .
Can you post any photos of the actual construction and materials used please .
Thanks very much. Unfortunately I can't. I didn't take any. I need to start doing that! Anyway, I can list some of the materials.
For the top of the cliff, I used grey tarmac from Javis scatter. For some of the rocks I used different sizes of talus and ballast. I used a wash of basalt grey to colour them. I used fine sand for the beach. For the sea effect, I mixed Soudall Fixall Crystal with Isopropal acohol into a liquid and then spread it over the hardened resin to make it look like waves. I'll start taking photos of constructions!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice. That water looks quite inviting.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks very much. Unfortunately I can't. I didn't take any. I need to start doing that! Anyway, I can list some of the materials.
For the top of the cliff, I used grey tarmac from Javis scatter. For some of the rocks I used different sizes of talus and ballast. I used a wash of basalt grey to colour them. I used fine sand for the beach. For the sea effect, I mixed Soudall Fixall Crystal with Isopropal acohol into a liquid and then spread it over the hardened resin to make it look like waves. I'll start taking photos of constructions!
Thanks for the ingredients, as I said most effective Stephen.
It's a good reminder with taking photos, it's sometimes a long while before you do something again, just refreshes the mind.