Beaufighter TFX colours

W

wbk666

I picked up the revell 1/72 Beaufighter TF mkX kits today in a sale at modelzone and the paintscheme calls for extra dark sea grey and sky.

the paint conversion chart only shows revell as having the sky colour and no one for the extra dark sea grey.

can anyone help?

View attachment 43661

Beau TFX.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
What make of paint are you looking for. Also Acrylic or enamel?

Off the top of my head, Humbrol have the colours in enamel. Vallejo have them in Acrylic. Xtracolour and xtracrylix have them in either.

Just what conversion chart are you being mislead by.....?

Ian M

W

wbk666

im looking for acrylics, Vallejo or humbrol are the ones i have available locally.

the conversion chart i mentioned is this one

http://www.paint4models.com/paintchart/paintconversionchart20100101d.htm#app=b83a&d1ea-selectedIndex=0

someone on this forum recommended it.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
For Vallejo model color you can use Pastel Green 70885 position 109 which is an ok match. Some might add a drop of white.

Extra Dark Sea Grey the nearest Vallejo colour is Dark Grey 70994 pos 166 again this might need a bit of adjusting.

One of the biggest problems with finding paint matches for Vallejo are the rather curious names they use.

As for the Humbrol, I am not sure if their Acrylics have the same numbers as their Enamel.

The nearest Enamel colour numbers are 90 Beige green for the Sky and 123 for the XDSG.

The paint4models converter is good, I use that one my self but it only really works with a paint number. I find that names can be very hit and miss.

I hope this is a more helpful reply than the last one I offered.

Ian M