Beautiful flowering houseplants

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very nice!! Far better than sitting I could achieve!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Lovely plants Paul. Have a few leafy plants in the house. fight to keep them alive. I have enough in the garden to keep me amused, without bringing them into the house as well.
Besides that we have a cat that thinks the window sills are his and they would end up on the floor in no time.

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautiful. Not easy to grow in our modern, centrally heated homes.
Our house is centrally heated and double glazed, too. The secret is to grow then in deep saucers filled with horticultural grit. Keep that wet and it creates a moist microclimate around the plant. Just have to keep the water level below the top of the grit, or the roots rot.

20220816_160142.jpg

Last edited:
First Name
Hong
Hi Paul. The flowers are very beautiful! The dark color pots makes the bloom stands out even more.
Do these flowers require lots of sun in order to bloom?

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul. The flowers are very beautiful! The dark color pots makes the bloom stands out even more.
Do these flowers require lots of sun in order to bloom?
They need plenty of indirect light. If you can grow African violets, you can grow these.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Perfect Paul, what feed do you youse? this year I fed some African Violet feed to some Streptocarpus with great results.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Splendid plants Paul. I think many of us realise battling with central heating can be difficult. Well that won’t be a problem this winter - most of us might be cutting back a bit on the old central heating.

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Perfect Paul, what feed do you youse? this year I fed some African Violet feed to some Streptocarpus with great results.
Thanks John. I use - African Violet feed! And I use it on my streptocarpus too. Works a treat. Great minds and all that.

• Love
Reactions: JR