Beaverette Mk.III Prototype - 1/72 - Fylde Armouries

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Hello,
The last models I had completed before joining this forum were three Beaverette Mk.III's.

1b.png

I would like to show one of them today. I printed the model myself in resin. The files come from "Fylde Armories". However, I changed it in many ways and reduced it to 1/72.

2a.jpg
2b.jpg

The prototype with Bren turret differs from the production vehicles only in the weld seams. So it made sense to add such an exotic item to the collection with little effort.

2c.jpg
2d.jpg
For the colors I chose Khaki Green No.3 with stripes in Dark Tarmac No.4. That seemed most likely to me given the time period and the colors in the original photo.

2e.jpg
2f.jpg

Best regards,
Andreas

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That looks more like what you would expect in an cartoon, really :smiling3:

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
That looks more like what you would expect in an cartoon, really :smiling3:
Yes, but somehow it has charm. It took me a long time to have the courage to build the ugly little things (because there is little reference material), but now I'm glad I did. I'm even of the opinion that I absolutely need all versions of it! :smiling5:
Amazing paintwork at such a small scale
Thank you Andy!
Blimey!
Steve
Yes Steve, I actually made the British Anti-Invasion Super Secret Weapon public! :tears-of-joy:
I thought it was too. Really
The right vehicle if you were to put Rowan Atkinson in a Home Guard uniform. :smiling5:

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Not my scale (28mm) but just my time and type, though I'm more BEF than home defence / LDV. Also, it shows how, relatively, easy it is to change scales on the meshes

So, if you're doing British armoured cars (improvised or otherwise), might I suggest the Royal Protection Guy Mk.I?

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Another cracker Andreas. If you had posted your model pics in black and white it would have looked just like the real one in the old photo.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Chris, is that the Guy Light Tank (Wheeled) Mk.I that was also used by the BEF?
Yes, indeed. Six of them were in Belgium, used by the 'Phantom' squadron for RAF liaison duties.

The Royal Protection vehicles were unarmed, in order to carry passengers. I must get around to doing one (two go with my other two, armed, versions). I should couple it with a Humber Ironside 'Special', tgat was also used for Royal duties. The Ironside was Humber's equivalent to the Beaverette, and was forerunner to the Humber LRC
If you want an UGLY vehicle, try the Morris LRC!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks like your first
1000001387.jpg
Award Andrea's.
The Committee were pleased to award this , so congratulations.

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Another cracker Andreas. If you had posted your model pics in black and white it would have looked just like the real one in the old photo.
Thank you Steve, but mine is dirtier! :smiling5:
Yes, indeed. Six of them were in Belgium, used by the 'Phantom' squadron for RAF liaison duties.

The Royal Protection vehicles were unarmed, in order to carry passengers. I must get around to doing one (two go with my other two, armed, versions). I should couple it with a Humber Ironside 'Special', tgat was also used for Royal duties. The Ironside was Humber's equivalent to the Beaverette, and was forerunner to the Humber LRC
If you want an UGLY vehicle, try the Morris LRC!
They are all on my (infinitely long) to-do list. But I've never heard of (or read about) the Royal Protection Guy Mk.I before . The next British vehicle to fit the time frame will be an AEC Armored Regal bus. I'm also currently working digitally on customizing a decent Beaverette Mk.II model for 3d printing. And then I would like to try the Daimler AC's from IBG that they just released... But that will definitely take a while.
Andreas that is a great build very nicely finished.
Thank you very much Paul. But I'm still nowhere near the quality of your work.
Looks like your first
View attachment 507895
Award Andrea's.
The Committee were pleased to award this , so congratulations.
Thank you John, I'm honored.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
The Coats Mission, the Royal protection unit, had four Guys and two Daimler A/Cs, among other vehicles. There is a picture on the Net of four unarmed Guys on a country lane, but I don't believe the unit has been identified. When I do mine that's what I'll be basing it on

And you've got a list as long as mine! I should never have decided to scratchbuild BEF trucks! I look forward to your armoured bus!

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I'm still nowhere near the quality of your work.
Don’t be so hard on your self on this forum we all look at you as equal although the more experience Modelers will give you tips to make you a better Modeler. Because with the help of some of these guys I’ve become a better modeler.

Congratulations on the Race Towers Dogs Award this Award is hard to get and Committee is very strick and picky.

Reactions: JR