Beginners question re airbrush, compressor and connectors

C

Count Belisarius

Hi,

Hope someone can help. I've just bought my first airbrush. Well two in fact! A PremiAir G35 and a Rich B AB-200. I got these on eBay and now need the rest of the kit! :smiling3:

I've looked at an AS186 compressor and been told by the supplier it comes with a 1/8th to 1/4th hose connector. The 1/4th apparently being the compressor end.

I've yet to receive the airbrushes but I need to confirm that they will connect to this compressor? Will the two models have the same (standard?) connector? Or will I need some adapters?

I know this may sound basic but hey, I'm new to this!

Hope someone can help

cheers

Andy

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Welcome to the forum, not a basic question if you don't ask you don't know. A quick search on Google shows them both to use a 1/8 BSP so you should be ok

C

Count Belisarius

\ said:
Welcome to the forum, not a basic question if you don't ask you don't know. A quick search on Google shows them both to use a 1/8 BSP so you should be ok
It's just a case of knowing what the numbers and letters mean! I'm assuming that is pretty standard and that the compressor, if coming with it's own hose, would try to fit the most likely connectors.

The Rich airbrush I'm getting apparently needs a little attention (the trigger is stuck?). Are airbrushes easy to repair? I went for this deal as I was effectively getting the Rich AB200 for next to nothing so I figured even if I have to spend £20 on it I've got a good deal? Assuming it's a decent airbrush of course!

Andy

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I'm not familiar with those airbrushes but generally it's easy to take them apart for cleaning, don't know how easy it is to get parts for them

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hoses are readily available if you do need one. A stuck trigger could mean anything. If you're lucky it will just need a good clean to free everything up. As John said airbrushes are easy enough to strip and clean,you may be able to find an exploded diagram of yours on the internet.

Cheers

Steve