bench set up

W

windymiller

so not sure if this is the right place for this question but as part of my return to the hobby im also interested in transforming my corner of my man cave to model building and wondered if there was any pictures / threads on peoples set ups ??

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Mines just an old computer desk with a couple of jars holding brushes and those cheap plastic stack draws holding my paints. I do have a magnifying lamp (with daylight bulb) and a water trap for the airbrush connected to the desk too.

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think there is a thread titled "show your work space". There is a couple more but can't think what they are titled.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
There's a couple of threads on here where we've shown pictures of our man caves/workbenches - probably in the chat forum. You'll get lots of inspiration and ideas there. I've had a quick look but can't find any of them. There's bound to be a few guys on here with better memories than me who will point you in the right direction.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Paul's comment reminded me of the title. Here you go:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Found it! It is under General Chat sub forum Chit Chat near the bottom of the Home Page. It is in fact "Show your work space" and was started on May 19th 2018 by Kcole4001. Hope this helps
Cheers, Rick H.

W

windymiller

thanks guys and some good food for thought (the wife already thinks im moving into my my cave !!) i particularly like the modular systems available such as hobby zone

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
thanks guys and some good food for thought (the wife already thinks im moving into my my cave !!) i particularly like the modular systems available such as hobby zone

Those modular systems do look pretty good but .......

You'll always have at least one tool which will not fit into any of the available spaces and you'll always have at least one sort of item (sanders or knives or files etc) which will need two of the spaces!