Berlin '45 ... "quick ... the Russians are coming!!"

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hi there folks - i have been threatening to do this for a while .... the scene will be in Berlin 1945, a bombed out house, a kubelwagen and some german troops running to find cover to fend off a russian assault.

kubelwagen . completed it a while ago

house - bought the walls

base ... a resin piece that a work colleague gave me along with the street lamps

Scratch made the door and window frames, the door, a section of the roof with shattered tiles, bricks which will be spread around with other bits and pieces of rubble and the sheeting on the "window frames"

german troops - there will be 5 of them .. on the pic of the box the one's that i will be building r marked with a red cross

lots to do still but i am quite pleased with the progress to date .any advice / ideas will be appreciated

cheers

lindsey

View attachment 56707

View attachment 56708

View attachment 56709

View attachment 56710

View attachment 56711

View attachment 56712

SANY0024.JPG

SANY0022.jpg

SANY0021.JPG

SANY0020.jpg

SANY0019.jpg

SANY0016.JPG

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Lindsey, you kept this one quiet!

Nice idea and it's looking good so far....I like the cobbled street.

The only advise I would offer is during the build, think about the addition of tons and tons of rubble - literally - because most of the structure of the building will be in or around what is left of it, and that's going to be quite a pile!

Have a look for bombed buildings and the like on Google Images- always a good reference point.

Keep posting progress, as I reckon this is going to be a cracker of a diorama.....

Ron

J

John Huggins

Looking good Lindsey, good start i'll be keeping an eye on this one.

John

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice start Lindsey, I'll look forward to seeing this come together.

Tony.

saguy

SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
hi there everyone ... some more work done on this ... added some roofing, some broken masonry on the walls, shattered window frames and a door .. also placed the kubelwagen on the scene to see what it is going to look like ....also started on the troops.

taken note of ron's advice and will placing tons of rubble all over the place ...tx lindsey

View attachment 56907

View attachment 56908

View attachment 56909

View attachment 56910

View attachment 56911

View attachment 56912

View attachment 56913

View attachment 56914

SANY0010.jpg

SANY0009.jpg

SANY0008.jpg

SANY0006.jpg

SANY0005.jpg

SANY0004.jpg

SANY0002.jpg

SANY0001.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Coming along nicely Lindsey. I like it.....

Ron

M

mobear

this is looking rather nice,loving the colours and roofing material

mobear

M

mobear

what size this,if you say 1/72?then i have to gain more skill at painting small figures lol

mobear

saguy

SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
\ said:
what size this,if you say 1/72?then i have to gain more skill at painting small figures lolmobear
nah .. this is 1/35 ... i would never see a 1/72 figure let alone be able to paint it ... cheers

M

mobear

thank goodness for that lol,still really good painting though if i do say myself

mobear

saguy

SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Lindsey, this is starting to look really well. Nice and compact, great composition and loads going on....

I know you still have lots to add but remember, most of the collapsed roof, tiles and brickwork will be in or around the building......I try and imagine the building going up....and coming down again, so pile it on bro', any old how!

I hope you don't mind me banging on about this rubble business. It's just that I love damage....

Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the best for the New year.

Ron

Sure looks nice weather down in S.A. Let's hope we get some of it here in 2013!

saguy

SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
\ said:
Lindsey, this is starting to look really well. Nice and compact, great composition and loads going on....I know you still have lots to add but remember, most of the collapsed roof, tiles and brickwork will be in or around the building......I try and imagine the building going up....and coming down again, so pile it on bro', any old how!

I hope you don't mind me banging on about this rubble business. It's just that I love damage....

Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the best for the New year.

Ron

Sure looks nice weather down in S.A. Let's hope we get some of it here in 2013!
tx ron for the kind words and advice ..l i am planning on tons of rubble as u have suggested and hoping it will turn out ok. cheers

M

mobear

fun it looks like,this is quite stunning,a bit like a captured moment in time from the old photos of ww2 i really like it

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good one Lindsey. A busy little scene with loads to look at. Like it!

Ian M