Best match for FS 16440 Light Gull Grey?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Mr Color Light Grey (315)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s not Tamiya, and is a lacquer paint that may be difficult to get along with if you’re used to Tamiya acrylics …

Unless you mean Mr. Hobby H315, which will be very easy to get used to when you normally use Tamiya paints :smiling3:

Edit: Corrected the name of the paint.

Last edited:
First Name
Zachary
That’s not Tamiya, and is a lacquer paint that may be difficult to get along with if you’re used to Tamiya acrylics …

Unless you mean Mr. Aqueous Color H315, which will be very easy to get used to when you normally use Tamiya paints :smiling3:
I am new to the different types of paints and brands, and I really only used Tamiya and Testor. This is what I was looking at for the paint:

BD494F9B-539F-4E52-B9DF-2D59BC509EFE.jpeg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
In that table, GSI is the paint Alan and I were talking about: GSI sells lacquer paints under the name “Mr. Color” and alcohol-based paints (very similar to Tamiya’s) as “Mr. Hobby”. The former have a paint number with a C, the latter with an H.

If you’re used to Tamiya acrylics, I would recommend the Mr. Hobby. The two paints are very similar, and if you know how to use one, you can use the other. I’ve used Tamiya for decades, and in recent years have begun to use Mr. Hobby too, and wish those had been around here 30 years ago — I probably would have bought hardly any Tamiya if they were :smiling3:

First Name
Zachary
Oh ok, thank you for explaining that. I’ll be looking for H315 next time I go to my model store.