Best setting for compressor

G

Gerbzilla

Can some please let me now the best setting for the compressor as I new to all this I have been useing it on 30 to 40 cheers

H

Hunty22

I use mine at around 15 for most things. That seems to be the norm.

Steve

P

pointblank0

\ said:
Im only a noob mate! But loving the learning curve!
I am too mate. I use mine on about 12 - 15 for camo patterns, and about 20 for big area priming. Seems to work ok for me, but I am new to it, but it is a good starting point.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It depends on various factors,not least of which is how you thin your paint. I'd say 15psi is a good average but see it as a starting point and work out what gives you the best results. I spray from about 10-12psi up to about 20-22psi depending on the paint and what I'm doing.

Cheers

Steve

There's that echo again lol!

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I use 15-20psi but the higher your psi the quicker the paint will dry on the needle tip, keeping it low will prevent it.

M

m1ks

As others say and per steves, it's dependant on more than just pressure, how thin the paint is you're spraying, the brand, type of thinner etc etc

I typically spray tamiya acryl's at 15PSI - ish

Humbrol enamels at 25PSI - ish

Best thing to do is practise your thinning to that 'milky' consistency then practise on anything to hand, empty milk bottles, plastic boxes, scrap sprue etc, play about until you find a setting that works and you can control it well, use the figures given so far as starting points and see how you go.

I'd recommend the Geoff Illsley DVD for painting tips, my wife got me that a couple of years ago and it's fantastic, talks you through the thinning, loading, spraying, cleaning of various different paint types

K

Krieg-Hammer

I'm still finding my way round, but I have found 10 - 20 psi is good for camo features and small objects. Big spray areas +30psi will suffice.