Bet you never thought i would have a go at this lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Bob great to see you back on here on this little tank as I nr fell out of me chair in shock seein it wasn't a stug ;) :smiling: :thumb2:
chris

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
have a go at ruining the what looks like a complex paint job, especially the black demarcation lines??
That’s nowhere near as difficult as it may seem. On the real thing the black lines were hand-painted too, so they were’t perfectly even either. (In other words: modellers sometimes try to be too perfect, IMHO :smiling3:) Just practice a little to try and get lines that are reasonably evenly wide, and you should do okay.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good challenge Bob!
The M47 Republic of Korea Marine Corps. tank I built on here has a similar kind of camo. I penciled in all the pattern outline and then starting with the lightest, I painted in the various colours. Then the black bits.

A right ball ache marking out, but with a bit of planning it turned out to be relatively straight forward - But then again, I brush paint..... ;)

Good luck.. :thumb2:
Ron

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a surprise Bob.
I'm sitting at the front as it's not very big .
You could do it in Russian colours, not too complex . !
Take care

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning Bob

Looks like a fun like motivator and Andy's You Tube build & paint was really cool to watch

Go on, you can do it and take the mojo boost back to Stug production

Have fun and take care

regards

Steve H
Hi Steve, hope you are ok?

Been busy either sleeping or reading ( again) a few of my tiny StuG book collection. Watching Andy building this odd thingy got me interested!

Thanks Fernando, yep that paint job will be a challange!!

Thanks Simon, just bought the Mr Color lacquer paints from John.

Made a small start today in between hiding from everybody else!!

Take care all

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
HI Bob great to see you back on here on this little tank as I nr fell out of me chair in shock seein it wasn't a stug ;) :smiling: :thumb2:
chris
Anybody would think i have a StuG fetish, Its not all StuG's Chris, bugger it, ok it is! I lie like a cheap japanese watch!!

Thanks Jakko and Ron. It can only go wrong, bought a crate of paint stripper but cannot get pain killers, wonder why???

Hi John, surprised myself when i opened the package, after burning it of course.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Bob is this the famous superior French Stug I've heard so much about :thinking:.
Pete ;).
Glad to see you back at bench, keep safe.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Good god Pete what a thing to say to a man in my condition lol!! Theres a excellent video on youtube, a look in and out, its terrible and crewed by very brave men

Good to be back at the bench, bit at a time.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Jim

Tiny is a very good description lol

When i first opened the box i thought hang on this is 1/72:sad:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
These little tanks were slow, with poor cross country mobility, badly designed and totally unsuited to warfare in 1940, crewed by brave men indeed. I'll follow along Bob, it looks very interesting.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thanks Jakko and Ron. It can only go wrong, bought a crate of paint stripper
You can also easily retouch the bits where you painted the lines too wide: just make them thinner by adding a little of the camouflage colour to one side.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
afternoon

finally got back to the bench and about 75% done;)

Completed the suspension and drive systems on both sides
R35 1 003.JPG
R35 1 004.JPG
R35 1 005.JPG

Got some tidying up to do

The fit is superb and the cast effect on the hull is brilliant, just love Tamiya kits! many parts just snap into place, lovely

That's it for now, stopped for diner and to count my loo roll mountain ;) and then fell asleep, my health is driving me mad, but with whats going on who am i to moan

cheers for now

bob

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
You can also easily retouch the bits where you painted the lines too wide: just make them thinner by adding a little of the camouflage colour to one side.

The trouble with that method is one will end up with a slight shade variation (darker) to the camouflage paint that has been touched up.

Far better to paint the main colours to touch each other and finally paint in the black lines. Thus avoiding the shade difference.

Bob, trust me, I'm a Doctor.... :face-with-thermometer::sick:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I was talking about if you make a mistake or want to correct a line you feel is too wide — can’t do that the way you suggest, because the black lines aren’t on the model yet :smiling3:

In any case: it’s a tank, it gets both dirty and repainted at times. Some colour differences make it more realistic :smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hey Bob, what color are you going to paint the interior on this beauty? lol:rolling:
This will be fun to watch...almost like working in a different scale.
Rick H.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Rick

Good point! I intend to use the cracking figure (first for me) will watch the YT vid by the world of tanks the cheiftain for a clue??
Bob

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I was talking about if you make a mistake or want to correct a line you feel is too wide — can’t do that the way you suggest, because the black lines aren’t on the model yet :smiling3:

In any case: it’s a tank, it gets both dirty and repainted at times. Some colour differences make it more realistic :smiling3:

...as usual, you are right and other contributors are wrong, and as you always have to have the last word, any further help about Bob's tank painting from me would be a waste of time.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
...as usual, you are right and other contributors are wrong
No. I gave the advice to paint the black lines after the rest of the camo, just like you did, and then added that they can be easily touched up if they happen to end up too wide or uneven in places — because that seemed to be Bob’s main concern: getting the black lines to look right. I got the impression your reply to my post was that you thought I was talking about doing the black first, making the lines too wide on purpose, and then painting the rest of the camouflage to leave the lines between the other colours.