BEUTE Ford Lkw. Conversion Mystery Truck Discussion.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here are the promised Ref. photos and comments (for discussion purposes only)P1010926.JPGP1010927.JPGP1010913.JPGP1010915.JPGP1010928.JPGP1010929.JPGP1010930.JPGP1010931.JPG from that other website regarding my truck posted in the Completed Soft Skin section of the forum. There have been comments speculating as to its purpose such as, non-standard communications vehicle (heavy radio sets). Some one else thought it belonged to a signal platoon of an antitank unit based on the tactical symbol at the left rear. NZ meaning Nachrichtenzug. The last comment speculated it was an X-Ray vehicle. Your comments are welcome and I hope that some "sharp" member of the forum can provide us with an answer. Cheers, Rick H.

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’d say it needs someone with a background in the kind of (electrical?) equipment shown in the photos, not someone with a military vehicle background.

I also wonder what the tactical marking means, exactly. The triangle indicates an infantry antitank unit (says some quick research), with wheels underneath to mean “motorised”. But what does the “NZ” signify? And why would a motorised antitank unit need this kind of gear in the first place?

Wait, wait, wait … I’ve got it: this is quite obviously a mobile eau de cologne production plant.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
To me the first photo shows on the bed what appears to be a gen set and the following photos would appear to show the distribution boards Rick .
John .

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Lateral thinking ...... could it be a generator for a nebelwerfer battery , one main supply running to all launchers ?

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Still think it could be for charging wet cell batteries. I've seen pics of sdkfz 11 used for same w/a bunch of batteries being charged at once. It had one guy seated by the boards & a guy monitoring the bats on the ground. Can't find it now. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Did anyone notice the mast in the first picture? It appears to be missing in the following photos.
Rick H.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Noticed the mast but thought it was in the background w/other masts. PaulE