Big Bad Wolf

T

Tibbs

As usual a brilliant build....... But would love to see one in a build thread, from beginning to finish, im sure you could teach me a thing or two;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I will as soon as I decide what to do next.It will either be a Tamaya Chiefton or Tamaya Centurion OR AMT 1/25 scale Cat D8H bulldozer a real monster! almost a foot long! maybe some of you guys {and gals} out there can help me decide Oh! and pardon me! THANX!

i

First Name
Aaron
The tank hunter. Wonderful work, I'm amazed at the greatness of the old tamiya kits.

I vote the chieftain.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
The tank hunter. Wonderful work, I'm amazed at the greatness of the old tamiya kits.I vote the chieftain.
OOOHHH-HMMMM. started Centurion but they're kind of similar soooo......

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
OOOHHH-HMMMM. started Centurion but they're kind of similar soooo......
HOLD ON! WHATS THIS!! just found an M60 running around! these little buggers love to play hide and seek! Will give him a good drubbing and roll him out in a day or two.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
The weathering........ sheer bliss! ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
The weathering........ sheer bliss! ;)
Yeah she's been through the grinder alright! but still packs a punch.........Thanx much!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Would you believe that the Semovente was Mussolini's attempt to copy THIS!? :confused::oops:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanx guys, thought I would bring that one back from the abyss just to show the pitiful attempts of Italy to try to produce AFVs that could even begin to compare to the masterful monsters created by German genius. Though to be fair , the Italian people never wanted a major war, they were happy enough oppressing the primitive African tribes where a bicycle and a Bren Gun would have sufficed.

S

steve scan

Another cracker Jim, love the finishing, has a great feel to it.

First Name
Robert
That's an awesome model Jim ( you certainly have the eye for the detail

Fantastic

Well done

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Jim. Considering the materials and references available to you in the 80s that is a good looking model.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Joe, just saw your post, pathetic how little was available to modelers back then, much and only references being a fleeting glance or two on TV "World At War" etc... or a few blurry b&w photos in the odd book, So glad to be alive in this new and wonderful era of technology where terrific reference material is only a click or two away. It can be a double edged blade though for now there are virtually no excuses for a botched job of it:oops:................Jim;)

D

dougie

\ said:
I will as soon as I decide what to do next.It will either be a Tamaya Chiefton or Tamaya Centurion OR AMT 1/25 scale Cat D8H bulldozer a real monster! almost a foot long! maybe some of you guys {and gals} out there can help me decide Oh! and pardon me! THANX!
i
Hurry up and get that bulldozer going. Stuff the rest haha

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Another great build from you Jim , did you use a pencil on the edges to show the steel or did you dry brush it:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Another great build from you Jim , did you use a pencil on the edges to show the steel or did you dry brush it:smiling3:
Thanks Alan, no pencil, all by brush, but pencil?....Hmmmmm:rolleyes: