big eagle scratchbuild

B

baz

Hi everyone,

you will be getting sick of me posting after the next one or two so here is my large scale eagle scratchbuild once again all hand made aprat from the engine bells and a few kit parts the frame work is all plastic evergreen tube and all the other construction is from plastic sheet, approx 50 inches long took ten months and also nearly drove me mad or have I been mad for a long while who knows....who cares,

regards Baz

View attachment 63309

View attachment 63310

View attachment 63311

View attachment 63312

View attachment 63313

View attachment 63314

View attachment 63315

small eagle pics_167.jpg

small eagle pics_205.jpg

small eagle pics_219.jpg

small eagle pics_250.jpg

small eagle pics_292.jpg

small eagle pics_265.jpg

small eagle pics_256.jpg

First Name
Andy
Hi Baz,

Welcome to the forum, love the Eagle, is there any chance we could have some bigger pictures please...

Andy...

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Beautiful, top work Barrie.

Tony.

M

mudslide

hi baz here is a challenge for you. lets go to the other end of the scale. have a look at instructables site at the popsicle size eagle check it out mate see what ya think!

regards rob

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I am in love...one of the best spaceship designs ever...and at that scale it is just awesome...I would sell a kidney to own it...if it was for sale it could be rather expensive...better sell both of them... ;)

Beautiful build sir.

Si:smiling3:

W

Willi262

Awesome!!

I didn't think anyone else knew about that show, but of course in England the odds are slightly more favorable.

I wanted to pack up and move to moonbase alpha when I was younger, I thought it was that cool. (and if there are any Dr Who fans here, some of the lamps from alpha ended up in the TARDIS)

I got these 1:1 resin replicas at a convention that came to town here in Calgary. 1 laser is my wife's, the mark 2 is mine (mais oui) as is the comlock.

View attachment 70912

alpha2.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Awesome items Steve, good old Alan Carter...the best Eagle pilot by far.

W

Willi262

There are ID badges for Cdr John Koenig, Victor Bergman, or Alan Carter. I wanted to make my own ID badge and paste it on, but I got lazy. Mostly for want of a B&W pic of myself. I had such a hassle with the comlock. It was very poorly molded. Like chipping away at a resin brick, I slowly managed to find the detail. I buggered up the keypad too, the #1 key is slightly too big. The decals that came with were old and fragile. I almost started with #9 and thought, "If I mess this up, which number would I prefer to hand paint, a loopy 9 or a straight, simple 1?" -- I chose wisely...

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
There are ID badges for Cdr John Koenig, Victor Bergman, or Alan Carter. I wanted to make my own ID badge and paste it on, but I got lazy. Mostly for want of a B&W pic of myself.
LOL, like it. These items go for a bomb now, resin kits going for £50 + for the laser and the comlock can go for any money if you can source one.

W

Willi262

I paid 75$ canadian for a boxed set of laser and comlock. The next year we got the 2nd laser for my wife who is also a fan of the show and 1 more thing that we have in common, for about 35-40 canadian. Not bad, but makes me wish my younger self could have them...

I have tons of sci-fi weaponry hanging around the flat. Phasers, tricorders, lasers, communicators, and 5 lightsabers, including 1 double-bladed model. (which i taught myself to use, i would upload the video i shot of a routine but i hit my leg and less than perfect will not do ;) )

First Name
Andy
Hi Steve,

I think you'll find that a large number of us in here are of the age to have watched and loved Space 1999 as well as a number of the other Gerry Anderson productions... ;)

Andy...

N

noble

I want one can i can i can i. Mate that is QUALITY and i want one 200 stars.

scott

J

Jazz

amazing job, really do like it

i have space 1999 as my ring tone on my phone

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Really great build how you guys do these fuddles my head it looks like Gerry Anderson could have made that himself

Well done

C

CDW

I always paid close attention to whoever went up in eagle 8 ..... There was a good chance they weren't coming back:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: