BLOODY TARAWA - Betio November 1943

First Name
Chris
View attachment 59282View attachment 59283View attachment 59284View attachment 59285View attachment 59286View attachment 59287View attachment 59288View attachment 59289View attachment 59290Hi all,

I've posted this in a new thread as I've changed the title + I got the date wrong in the original.

I'm calling this one finished, I could quite happily tinker with it for another millenia but fear I would probably end up ruining it. I have made a few asthetics over accuracy choices but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. All views, opinions, constructive criticism welcome as always. I also apologise that I skipped the LVT-2 build in what was supposed to be a WIP. Any questions in regard to what I've done...fire away

Cheers

Chris

View attachment 61077

View attachment 61078

View attachment 61079

View attachment 61080

View attachment 61081

View attachment 61082

View attachment 61083

View attachment 61084

View attachment 61085

tarawa1.jpg

tarawa2.jpg

tarawa3.jpg

tarawa4.jpg

tarawa5.jpg

tarawa6.jpg

tarawa7.jpg

tarawa8.jpg

tarawa9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rememal

I think you have done a good job.

I like the water, looks real, which isn`t easy to do.

Nice one.

Malc.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Chris a fantastic looking diorama, as Malcolm say's the water looks very real 5 stars from me

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not much to say really.

Apart from its Bloody great! The water looks perfect, just the right colour, the foam around the LVT is spot on!!

Maybe a few close ups of the figures as the one in the, very well painted, LVT looks great.

Five very well earned stars

Ian M

P

Polux

Love this dio Chris! You do a fantastic work on everything, very detailed!

The LVT is great, fantastic weathering!

Five stars from me too!

Cheers. Polux

S

Sky Raider

Nice layout and fantastic paint job. Top marks from me.

Andy

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Superb diorama, you can almost smell that beach.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Superb Chris, that water effect is very eye catching, and the beach has the right amount of detail.

All in all a cracking dio. 5 stars well earned.

Tony.

First Name
Chris
Your comments are overwhelming chaps, it makes a build all the more worthwhile to get such praise from my fellow plasticbashers. I must admit that I'm quite please with the end result despite the temptation to keep fiddling with it.......erm! I'm still fairly new to armour this being only my 3rd outing but I'm loving the stuff that's available out there for creating dio's. On a sad note this may be my last build for a while as I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks and I've yet to ask the new boss (who is also a friend and old colleague) if I can do my modelling in the workshop (when we move premises in April) I shall endevour to keep up with your fine work though.

Thanks again for looking

Chris

N

noble

Chris I've just seen this what a fantastic piece i have been scanning and re scanning all the pics and find something new overtime i look five stars mate.

Scott

C

CDW

Fantastic work Chris ... detail upon detail keeps your eyes scanning to see if you can spot more ... :smiling3:

positively a 5* build mate

B

BigZimmo

Cool diorama, excellent work, realistic water.....5* from me:welldone:

First Name
Chris
Thank you all for your encouraging words. This has probably been the most taxing / enjoyable build so far and I'm surprisingly pleased with the results. (surprising as I know we're all very critical of our work)

Thanks again my friends.

All the best

Chris

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry Chris, somehow I've missed your finished Tarawa diorama.

I've just been having a very nice time looking at your pictures. You have created an excellent scene.....The water, sand, all aspects are spot on.

I see you fall for the same thing as me.....Got to fiddle, instead of leaving it alone!

Very well done.....5* for sure.

Cheers,

Ron

T

treyzx10r

You deserve to be proud Chris that is a stunning looking dio! The water effect is very authentic looking.5well deserved stars,very nicely done Sir!

First Name
Chris
Thanks again fellas. & a special thanks to those who gave me some great advice.

Regards

Chris