boat advice

A

adzam

ok doke,

looking for some advice, i have very recently purchased a graupner fast electric "mambo" kit, partially started has had a 2:1 reduction gearbox fitted also a graupner strudder fitted. however, i need help in picking a motor, the hull is aprox 24" long with a shallow `V` . i require a motor, and speedcontrol set up. which motor would be best , i`ll be using 7.2v Ni-Mh 3000 matched cells so duration should be ok.

dont wanna go overboard on cost, but i was looking at a graupner 700bb turbo . motor, i`m not sure on suitability.

any ideas ?

let me know if pics would help

thanx in advance

N

Neil McGrath

The 700BB is best suited to 12-14 cell operation and direct drive. On 7 cells you would be better off with a modified motor of about 16-20 turns working via the gearbox.

Neil

A

artic-corsair

the 3000 ni-mhs do'nt like being discharged rapidly , i used a set for flying electric planes and they worked fine , i used them in my sintra 700 with a 11 triple motor and no limit m-troniks speed controller and got 2 runs and i was charging them with a supa-nova charger that was recommended , i would use ni-cads the ones the car racing boys use as they are made for rapid discharge, i used to race cars both eletric and nitro, if using a modified motor i would recommend a no motor limit speed controller, check out www.modelsport.co.uk, they race cars and have a vast selection of motors, batterys and speed controllers, hope this helps.

paul

U

Uncivil Serpent

Hi Adzam,

Check out the MFA Torpedo range of motors and controllers.

Unfortunately scanner still unwilling to co-operate with me so unable to include scan of advert, however telephone number is 01304 612132. This is in Deal, Kent.

See advert if possible in Model Boats or MMI

Chris