First Name
John
Perfect Chris. :nerd:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI CHAPS
well im still fittin in them landin lights on the main undercart an yes i know the real plane dont have any there but i want to light up the underside of the plane so the missles can be seen hopefully an buy gum this was a little blighter to build an nothin fitted so had to do a lot of filein down an its still not built as more bits to fit but at least i have the led in place an this took me all day today so more tomorrow an a couple of pics to show how complex trumpy it anwell im still fittin in them landin lights on the main undercart an yes i know the real plane dont have any there but i want to light up the underside of the plane so the missles can be seen hopefully an buy gum this was a little blighter to build an nothin fitted so had to do a lot of filein down an its still not built as more bits to fit but at least i have the led in place an this took me all day today so more tomorrow an a couple of pics to show how complex trumpy it anhave made of a should be simple undercart IMG_8871.JPG

an here its near built but more parts to fit on IMG_8872.JPG

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
There's a well circulated internet 'quote' that gets used for all manner of things that at first glance seem an impossibility, it does the rounds on various social media regularly and would apply perfectly to this build...

it would go like this...
''you can't put lights into that .. it's just not possible'', to which Chris would reply...''hold my beer''.....

looking fabulous Chris.. inspiring to say the least..

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
There's a well circulated internet 'quote' that gets used for all manner of things that at first glance seem an impossibility, it does the rounds on various social media regularly and would apply perfectly to this build...

it would go like this...
''you can't put lights into that .. it's just not possible'', to which Chris would reply...''hold my beer''.....

Well said Chris, that's Chris to a T

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

it would go like this...

HI Chris many thanks for your inspireing comment on sayin its not possible to fit lights on them landin legs an sayin i can do it well yes i'll try anything until i do find out it is impossible to do it now got to do the other landin leg again but i only hope it goes together better than this first one as nothing fitted an spent ages filein the bits down oh boy
ATB Chris an thanks for lookin in
chrisb
Well said Chris, that's Chris to a T
AN CHEERS John yes thats me to a T lol as i do like the challanges of seein if it is possible an if it is then i will do it
ATB J/R
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS well just now finished them undercart an boy did they take some buildin but jen came up an helped me an here the two back undercarts are now done IMG_8878.JPG

AN SO now all three undercarts are built complete with landin lights an now ready to be spray painted an its took me well over a wk to build these little blighters very fiddley an they dint fit so a lot of mini filein
chrisbIMG_8879.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very smart Chris I can see a Dogs on the horizon :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Well done to the assistant electrician.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very smart Chris I can see a Dogs on the horizon :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Well done to the assistant electrician.
CHEERS John an i might get a dogs oh great then i'll have to try harder to finish this plane as tommorrow the lights will be masked up an then its white paint sprayin time an yes jen was a great help but not in the eletricary but she held my wrist steady to stop my shakes lol an she did a great job an then she went downstairs to do her diomon art that she likes so she is busy an sootysue came to see us yesterday for the day an have launch with us an she enjoyed her time with us pity she not still online
ATB J/R
chrisb

Reactions: JR

Miko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Miko
Is it just me that hears the music of Harold Faltermeyer on seeing an F-14?

Looks like a nice 'big' kit, I'm not really familiar with Trumpeter kits so I'll follow your progress

Miko (still mulling over the what if?' Royal Navy 809 squadron Seacat FGR1)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Is it just me that hears the music of Harold Faltermeyer on seeing an F-14?

Looks like a nice 'big' kit, I'm not really familiar with Trumpeter kits so I'll follow your progress

Miko (still mulling over the what if?' Royal Navy 809 squadron Seacat FGR1)
YES Miko its is a big kit an one ive never built so i'll see how it goes an yes you are welcome to follow the build sir an yes go for your 809seacat FGR1
ATB
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Update time again guys as been workin steadly on the wirein for the leds as i was goin to do some paintin but im gettin ahead of myself so its slow down time lol an ive been thinkin now ahead that its time to connect all the led wires an ive treid to keep them nice an neat in the fusealage top half an gettin there in pic below IMG_8880.JPG

SO SO FAR ive fitted in the top half of the fusalarge 5 leds 2 nav an 2 white formation leds an an one A/C flashin led an that ten wires so far 5 pos an 5 neg so 10 wires so far an still another 8 wires to fit in this section an they are 4 wires for tail strobe 2 pos an 2 neg an then the main undercart 4 wires again 2 pos an 2 negs so far then will be 18 wires in the top fusalage section boy oh boy this is gettin complex lol an here so far the ones i have fitted in all work ok phew how im sweatin doin this i wont need to go on a diet lolIMG_8881.JPG

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
SO SO FAR ive fitted in the top half of the fusalarge 5 leds 2 nav an 2 white formation leds an an one A/C flashin led an that ten wires so far 5 pos an 5 neg so 10 wires so far an still another 8 wires to fit in this section an they are 4 wires for tail strobe 2 pos an 2 neg an then the main undercart 4 wires again 2 pos an 2 negs so far then will be 18 wires in the top fusalage section boy oh boy this is gettin complex lol an here so far the ones i have fitted in all work ok phew how im sweatin doin this i wont need to go on a diet lolView attachment 502829
Really looking forward to this coming together Chris - (even if doesn't have rotor blades!!!! ;) )

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Really looking forward to this coming together Chris - (even if doesn't have rotor blades!!!! ;) )
THANKS Doug but yes hopefully it should look good an ive thought that there are more wires in the bottom fusalarge section than i thought as i want to fit in tiny hinges on the panels so they will open an close over the vullcan gun so i'll need another just warm white led in there to show that up wow the real aircraft must look like a small city with all its lights on an you Doug will have to be satisfied with my lit up seaking on tiger as that has workin rotars main ones an tail rotars lol
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Super smart - the addition of lighting really does add some life to the models!
THANKS John yes i love lightin up my models as when you think about it the real thing has lights as well
cheers
chrisb