BOATMAN's USS NIMITZ CVN 68 BUILD IN 1/144 SCALE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Still loving how this is coming along Chris :smiling3:.
The Radar looks great:smiling3:.
GOOD MORNING Ralph glad you are enjoing the build more pics to come but when you think about this build all these bits are really separate models like a spitfire or a me 109 until they are all brought togeather on the ship then they intergrate as a whole if you get my meaning
chris

D

Deleted member 4539

GOOD MORNING Ralph glad you are enjoing the build more pics to come but when you think about this build all these bits are really separate models like a spitfire or a me 109 until they are all brought togeather on the ship then they intergrate as a whole if you get my meaning
chris
I know what you mean.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Radar platform fitted out with red 2mm anticollishion lights an its fitted with small box section to fit into the main motor box section in the deck so the whole radar mast can be removed in case of need of repair

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Christopher

I have been admiring this project for a while. Your latest additions are really outstanding and add a new meaning to detailed realism. Looks like this will consume the power supply of a small city when it's finished. A big bravo from me.

John

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Chris has got computer problems, he won't be able to update this thread until he get's it back from the shop.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Christopher

I have been admiring this project for a while. Your latest additions are really outstanding and add a new meaning to detailed realism. Looks like this will consume the power supply of a small city when it's finished. A big bravo from me.

John
H John many thanks for your kind comments an yes it did have big batt as like you say it did use a lot of power as there was 5 different power circuts in her an they were
12v ' 9v; 6v; 3v; an 1/.5v an they all worked from 12v through voltage reducer;s to power all the different item;s thanks for your intrest an hopefully I can repost the build pics which went wrong an the rest of the build on this thread
chris
Chris has got computer problems, he won't be able to update this thread until he get's it back from the shop.
An John many thanks for letting the guys know what happened
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI guys im now gonna try an repost the pics which were lost
an here in this shot can be seen im makin up the flood lights led'scarrier build160.jpg

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An here you can see where some of the floodlights fit on the bridge roof carrier build164.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
A SHOT HERE of the multie plug wires system as this whole bridge unit was made to lift off if any probscarrier build167.jpg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Christopher,
My apologies it has been a while since I caught this. This is an incredible build the level of detail is astounding.