BOATMAN's USS NIMITZ CVN 68 BUILD IN 1/144 SCALE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now here im building the waist catapult shooter's cockpit which which is situated in the main port walkwaycarrier build95.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
This is a great lesson in model making keep it up.
Many thanks Scottie an yes I intend to as there are a heck of a lot of pic's to come an building of the aircraft section with nav lights an engins so plenty to look forward too

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
A SHOT here of all the walkways I made up carrier build97.jpgthis pic should have been with malkin the W/W but I forgot it

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now this pic shows the bridel catches cutout guides an the bridel catches are made from an old tv aerial aluminium box section an they are spring loaded so if the ship hits the pond wall it will just bounce off an not damage the carriercarrier build98.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Next I had a brain wave ( don't get many of them but it did happen :smiling2::smiling2:lol ) but I thought this ship is gonna weigh when built. So I thought I don't want to keep liftin the ship in an out of the water so I fitted a small recoil key ring holder in the bow an one in the stern so I could leave the model in the water an without it floatin away hooked onto lead wheightscarrier build99.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An it worked out great pull them out an let go of them an the cord flys back into the ship just like a real moorin line carrier build100.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN these cables are up to a meter long so just right for the job

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Good idea on the mooring and buffers.
Are you using photo etch for the railings?.
HI again Ralph thanks for your kind comments on moorin an buffers
AN no Ralph they are thin steel railings from fleetscale models an cheers for your intrest in the model
anyway that will do for today on pics im pooped (phew) more pics tomorrow
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Morning all well it to wet an cold to go out to work on tiger in garage so I thought id put some more build pics on
An started on the bridge an main mast pics an here you can see the shafts an gears what work all 5 radars from one motor to save on power.

The main shaft on the radar gearbox has a 1/4" plastic box section an the main shaft which runs up the mast has a little smaller box section so that it fits inside the main gearbox section so that the whole bridge can be lifted off the deck without any trouble as to fittin it back on again