BOOKNOOK by Rolife Glass House book case insert. Scale unknown

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
While the M10 Diorama varnish dries I decided to get this started. A Christmas present form one of my daughters.
Done one of these before, some of your maty remember the other green house.2021_3.jpg Extremely well made, the parts for the actual base are from very thin ply. Just have to press out the parts from the sheet, it suggests a file may help assembly. Only had to use that a couple of times.
Instructions are clear, even I can do them :smiling2: So far we have this. Ive reserved a seat at the from for Jim as hes showed interest in this when I posted it .

2022front cover.jpg

2022_2 trurned.jpg
Highly detail parts list.2022_3.jpg

2022_5.jpg
Got this far just waiting for the glue to set.
2022GLUING YUP GLASS HOUSE.jpg

Seats are available , please form an orderly queue.

John.

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Can my SWMBO have a seat please, she got something similar for Xmas and is a bit trepidation. If you ask nicely I am sure she would be delighted to keep everyone's mug full of hot beverages?!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
What a unusual kit John, never seen one before? Having problems getting moggie of my comfy chair!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Any chance of a seat for me before all the rabble get here JR lol as jen would also like a seat as she likes green house an wants one in the summer
chrisb

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Any chance of a seat for me before all the rabble get here JR lol as jen would also like a seat as she likes green house an wants one in the summer
chrisb
Oi Mr rabble please!!

• Haha

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well, you don't see one of those every day!

I'll join the assembling crowd.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good John. I’ll follow as I find these fascinating. There is a library one that I am occasionally close to getting…..

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Can my SWMBO have a seat please, she got something similar for Xmas and is a bit trepidation. If you ask nicely I am sure she would be delighted to keep everyone's mug full of hot beverages?!!
Of course Stefan, she is most welcome. Just tell her to make a start, do a bit each day. I'm using a Deluxe 5 minute PVA, any type would do,you don't need a massive amount.

I'm sitting comfortably John. These are very interesting kits.
Put your feet up Jim, this makes a change. Christine will allow this to remain in the house once built , unlike my other wartime dioramas.

What a unusual kit John, never seen one before? Having problems getting moggie of my comfy chair!
Moggies are known Bob to like greenhouses, somewhere to sit in the warm, probably why the cat is taking your seat :smiling2:
Will have to keep an eye on this as I quite like the idea of doing one myself :smiling4:
Welcome Si, think you would find it interesting.

chrisb
Chris always a seat for you and Jen.
Oi Mr rabble please!!
Bob, I relying on you to keep standards high .;)

Well, you don't see one of those every day!

I'll join the assembling crowd.
Your more than welcome Andy, tea or coffee ?

Looks good John. I’ll follow as I find these fascinating. There is a library one that I am occasionally close to getting…..
There fun to do Tim, go on you know you want to.:nerd:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I remember the last one John, booked my flight tickets and will see you guys in a jiffy. I'll sneak in if the session has started. Anyone want any titbits from my hometown like coconut sweets to Chinese egg tarts, peanut biscuits, curry puffs and prawn crackers.

Cheers,
Wabble

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I remember the last one John, booked my flight tickets and will see you guys in a jiffy. I'll sneak in if the session has started. Anyone want any titbits from my hometown like coconut sweets to Chinese egg tarts, peanut biscuits, curry puffs and prawn crackers.

Cheers,
Wabble
Glad to have you join us Wabble. Yes please those treats sound just the thing. Front row seat I think .

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
While the M10 Diorama varnish dries I decided to get this started. A Christmas present form one of my daughters.
Done one of these before, some of your maty remember the other green house.View attachment 500294 Extremely well made, the parts for the actual base are from very thin ply. Just have to press out the parts from the sheet, it suggests a file may help assembly. Only had to use that a couple of times.
Instructions are clear, even I can do them :smiling2: So far we have this. Ive reserved a seat at the from for Jim as hes showed interest in this when I posted it .

View attachment 500296

View attachment 500297
Highly detail parts list.View attachment 500299

View attachment 500298
Got this far just waiting for the glue to set.
View attachment 500300

Seats are available , please form an orderly queue.uhh

John.
Man... Geez, I dunno John.... this really isn't something you're going to want to take a flamethrower to. Are you sure you're up for this ?
Then again, maybe this time I can sit closer to the front and not worry so much about an unobstructed escape path...

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I had the greenhouse from my daughter for Christmas, great kit but why they couldn't have put the bits for each item in the same bag goodness knows. Decanted the enclosed glue into a smaller dropper bottle, so applying it is a lot easier.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I had the greenhouse from my daughter for Christmas, great kit but why they couldn't have put the bits for each item in the same bag goodness knows. Decanted the enclosed glue into a smaller dropper bottle, so applying it is a lot easier.
Fully agree Steve. So many plastic bags and in this one no glue !
The quality is superb, couldn't fault it, even the paper press out sections are good. Instead of filing the tabs I now just cut the front edge back with a sharp scalpel.The corresponding slots have round ends , so this way is quicker and less stressful to the edge of the tap if filed.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Man... Geez, I dunno John.... this really isn't something you're going to want to take a flamethrower to. Are you sure you're up for this ?
Then again, maybe this time I can sit closer to the front and not worry so much about an unobstructed escape path...
Ron, definitely no fire in this , so you can asit as near as you want:nerd:

Ooh, a nice strong mug of builders tea for me please :smiling3:
Right oh Andy.:thumb2: