BRASS EFFECT FLETCHER CLASS DESTROYER.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Following on from my brass/bronze effect soldier monument I had a try with a little, 5 inch long, plastic Fletcher class. I have tried to emulate the slight roughness on casting in places by leaving some flash on and prior to brassing I painted some dazzle shapes onto her slightly raised so they would be more pronounced when brassed. Once dry it has been mounted on a plastic chair coaster and a small wooden draw handle.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice effect achieved Si, it looks very brass! Good ingenuity too with the use of the bits to make that stand.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Be-g-bub, is there anything you can't do! :smiling3: :smiling3:
Cheers Gregg, just saw it there and thought it would be a good subject to try the brass effect on. As for: is there anything you can't do! Yes, cannot make a nice model for the life of me, I mean a proper model, AB really good and to a top standard. Just struggle like mad, also aircraft, there is something about them that makes me and them not want to get on.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks guys, glad you like it, was just a bit of fun really, build time around 6 hours.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
For what you wanted to achieve mate I think it's spot on :smiling3: if I saw that I would think its a brass one

Nice thinking in the base as well mate I'd have never thought of doing that top stuff :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Ta fellas, glad you like it.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That looks exactly like the kind of brass model you'd see in the window of a shop selling junk posing as antiques! I think it's excellent; and at the prices that this kind of jun - sorry, antiques - sell for, you could be on to a nice little earner there!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That looks exactly like the kind of brass model you'd see in the window of a shop selling junk posing as antiques! I think it's excellent; and at the prices that this kind of jun - sorry, antiques - sell for, you could be on to a nice little earner there!
You know Dave, you're spot on. Although, maybe collectibles might be a better name...hmmmmmmmm, plastic kits, brassed and sold as collectibles...it may just work you know.