Brewster Buffalo B339 (Tamiya, 1/48)

V

Vajled

basic painting is finished...

Dont ask me nothing about pictures... almost my photo idiot Olympus was throwen out thru the window

I manage to get thru filters and lefels in photoshop to get something how it looks to bare eye

I see just few spots for little repaint repair :smiling3:

Cheers

Roman

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice to see a NZ example being constructed Roman. I found some background history of this No. 488 (NZ) SQN aeroplane and its pilot for you.

The pilot was Flying Officer Noel Callan Sharp, DFC. His personal nose art was a striking Chinese dragon. He shot down three enemy aircraft during the Malayan campaign. He claimed an unknown Japanese fighter on January 12, a Nakajima Ki-43 the next day, a Mitsubishi A6M Zero on January 18, and damaged two bombers on January 20. Sharp was shot down on 17 January 1942 but survived. Engineers repaired his aircraft, replacing the front section of the engine cowling with that of another. Sharp was evacuated from Singapore before its capitulation, as was his Brewster Buffalo. The aircraft was destroyed at Palembang, South Sumatra during a Japanese bombing raid on 7 February 1942.

Noel Sharp was killed in action over Java on 20 February 1942, while flying a Hawker Hurricane with 605 SQN RAF. He was 20 years old. He was buried in the Kranji War Cemetery in Singapore and awarded a posthumous DFC on 26 December 1946.