Brian's actual 1/200 Yamato build

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Brian, you had me check on the dictionary the meaning of "Untidy" as I could find nothing matching my English language knowledge and what your picture is showing to my eyes. :smiling4: :tongue-out3:.
Beware of the untidy bench bunch reactions: the "Untidiness" flows strong on this forum. :smiling5:.
About the model: WOW!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Bri whats untidy about it ? to me it looks wonderfull a bueatifull ship an your bench could be a contender for the TBC club
chrisb

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Brian, you had me check on the dictionary the meaning of "Untidy" as I could find nothing matching my English language knowledge and what your picture is showing to my eyes. :smiling4: :tongue-out3:.
Beware of the untidy bench bunch reactions: the "Untidiness" flows strong on this forum. :smiling5:.
About the model: WOW!
But there is a mug/cup :smiling3:
Brian

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
But there is a mug/cup :smiling3:
Brian
ONLY one mug Bri you ought to see my bench an model room there is stuff every where an its a right mess but i can find things lol looks like a bomb has hit it lol
chrisb

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brian

That's looking great and a tribute to your persistence with the PE. She will look outstanding on the shelf when completed.

John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you had not have said anything we would have been none the wiser. They do look rather nice. Give yourself a pat on the back

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Next step is railings having to paint the railings on the sprue due to the wooden deck is it best to use an etch primer? or any old primer .
Brian

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Personally i would use a primer suitable for metal but you will likely have to still do a few touch ups here and there after there fitted anyway.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Personally I’d go with the one shot Brian. It’s not as if the railings will need to be able to resist constant handling. As Mark says, you will probably need to touch up here and there after installation, but after that they probably won’t be handled at all.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wash the frame off first and any primer will do. And yes you will be touching things up after fitting lol. Railings are the thing that demands a steady hand, a good eye and calm.
(So I'm shafted!)

She is looking very good Brian. (got it right that time first time).