Brian's actual 1/200 Yamato build

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Wondering should I build the ships boats (of course I will) as they were all stored internally! main gun concussion would have destroyed them had they been on deck. So where would I display them? no reference to them at all in the manual apart from building them.
Having just looked at the 1/350 tamiya kit I found a place for 2 boats but there are 8
Brian

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Comein on well bri its really good to see Bob an you building these battle wagons as i love both builds an i would love to scratch build one of these in 1/72 scale for R.C but oh the size it would need a crane to lift it an my model room is not big enought but what models they would be as see a freind mick with his 1/96 SCALE YAMATO an that was a monster but can only dream on lol
chrisb

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Really taking shape now. I agree, pe takes a steady hand, patience and so better tackled in small doses.

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL thats 3 ON HERE who have bought it Bob an bri an now you Ian wow we should have some great builds comin on here soon
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
WELL thats 3 ON HERE who have bought it Bob an bri an now you Ian wow we should have some great builds comin on here soon
chrisb
LOL Define soon....

@Bri62
have you glued the rear deck down or is it just dry fitted. I see that you have turned the hanger deck doors around. You had them opening out in the earlier photos, but in the last few they open in. The Guide rail on deck would suggest that outward is correct. Hope I am not to late.

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
The Guide rail on deck would suggest that outward is correct. Hope I am not to late.
Ian Actually there suppose to be closed I did that on purpose as I want to put one of the planes in that bay and doing it like that gave me more room, I can easily remove the rails there only plastic (never one to follow rules ;) :smiling3: )

If you look closely there is no room for open doors facing out :smiling3:
BrianIMG20230215123752.jpg

Last edited: