"Bring him in." Winter in Russia 1943

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I bought this interesting 1/35, 5 figure set recently and I have incorporated into a diorama.

It depicts four retreating German soldiers carrying their comrade stumbling across a make shift shelter where the survivors of a tank crew are resting.

The snow is rock hard so not much mud or snow on the boots!

I hope you like the scene, and all comments/suggestions received in good spirit (or Boddingtons!)

Ron

View attachment 22375

View attachment 22376

View attachment 22377

View attachment 22378

View attachment 22379

View attachment 22380

View attachment 22381

View attachment 22382

View attachment 22383

View attachment 22384

View attachment 22385

View attachment 22386

View attachment 22387

DSC06244..JPG

DSC06236..JPG

DSC06245..JPG

DSC06247..JPG

DSC06250..JPG

DSC06249..JPG

DSC06237..JPG

DSC06243..JPG

DSC06235..JPG

DSC06251..JPG

DSC06238..JPG

DSC06242..JPG

DSC06257..JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ron me old mucker, youve excelled yourself again, brilliant scene and storytelling. The snow looks great, so real that im feeling it for the poor bugger on the stretcher,give him a blanket he must be freezing!!Only one criticism, there seems to be something missing ,ive checked 3 times- jerry can,check, oil drum, check, cat(?!!)check wait a minute , wheres the bucket!!!!!!!!!Seriously ,i love it ,you just have a knack of making it seem like youre actually there looking at the scene in person (does that make sense? it does to me). 5 whacking great stars and a coconut! cheers mate tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Yo Ton' The 5 Stars are great... but the coconut, YEH! bring it on. LOL

I had thought about a bucket, but as there was no armour I reckoned I could get away with it....Wrong...Watch this space Blue!!

Thanks again for the BIG FIVE.

Ron

C

Caledonia

Superb paint job and the poses of the figures look absolutely realistic. Great work Derek

F

Fenlander

You know Ron, you keep surprising us with these masterpieces. What I love about your dioramas is the believability of the scene. Everything looks right and nothing stands out as being there just for window dressing, they are like mini film sets, well directed, well produced with a cast of stars. Note to self, stop watching Dancing on Ice, you are starting to sound like the simpering judges.....

I know just what Tony means with the "you just have a knack of making it seem like youre actually there looking at the scene in person" totally agree Tony. Have to agree with the 5 stars to.

R

Richy C

Again great work Ron , love the photography with the grey cold background gives a great impression of the Eastern front

Richy

B

Backbreaker

Great Dio there Ron, now where's my hot water bottle.

BB.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Derek, Graham, Richy and BB, thank you for the nice comments, I really appreciate them.

I'm sure everyone feels the same when we get nice things said about our respective builds, it certainly spurs me on to try and improve the next one................Better than " Very nice dear, how cute." from the Mem Sahib!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yet another Ron master piece. You keep pulling them out the hat.

A very cold and bleak sceen. Very belivable and very well done.

If I could find them you'd get five stars from me to.

T

tonyb6000

LOVE IT!!!

I'm concerned that it might be the base from the Iwo Jima dio. Please tell me it isn't so! How did you make the stretcher/blanket? The weight distribution is perfect and the way the figures are leaning away from the strain is spot on. I always think that a slightly wonky figure can spoil a dio scene and yours are always the bees knees. Disappointed by lack of bucket, and is the cat gloss?

Tony B

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Ron,

You've definitely got the eye for a good story and you tell them so well! Another cracker.

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the 'Klear' comments Ian!...lol ( sorry, private joke!)

Gern, I appreciate your kind words, thank you.

Tony, the cat is sort of glossy 'cos it's been playing in a bit of soft snow and has come to see the new arrivals!... Phew, wriggled out of that one! I can't tell a lie, the makeshift stretcher is plastic and came with the kit, it was still a pig to fix and get the four soldiers to look right though!

Finally, especially for Tony(Yak face) and all bucket wallahs, sorry for the ommission + a couple more pickies.

Caption perhaps?

"I know the Russians are coming, but pull yourself together, it is not a helmet, Helmut!!"

Ron

Edit:- The jaunty angle of the helmet on pic. 2 is like that on the box art and it wouldn't fit any other way!

View attachment 22431

View attachment 22432

View attachment 22433

'The Casualty'  R&#11.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
So you ARE going with my idea of wearing buckets for identification at Cosford!

Or is that just to hide your face while you 'streak' up the runway?!

Gern

N

noble

Ron my friend this is out standing lovely sory, great atmosphere, beautiful dio and an very nice paint job, iam giving you the big five because this is worthy.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great stuff Scott, I am well chuffed you think it worthy of the big five, thank you.

Tony B, I forgot to mention about the Iwo Jima diorama....it's still in one piece, but after this effort in the snow I reckon a trip back there is due so I can warm up a bit!!

Gern, I have the fig leaf ready.....the wife has just said it's a lot smaller than it used to be, and that wasn't much then!!

Cheers all,

Ron

C

Cov1

Wow, thats different. Impressive work and good imagination to create such a nice piece.

Ade

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Wow, thats different. Impressive work and good imagination to create such a nice piece.Ade
Thanks for the nice comments Ade, glad you like it.

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Sorry Ron, still trying to catch up. This is a credit to you mate, keep it up.

Have fun, John

F

Flying Scottiedog

Well I can only say Ron is the Ronaldo of the figure story diorama's Well done