Bristol Beaufighter MK VI Tamiya 1/48

A

ajcmac

And after several German models a British model. The Beaufighter of 272 Squadron, stationed in Malta in 1942.

The interiors.

The landing gear.

The finished model.

Regards

ajcmac

M

mobear

that office is amazing mate,you picked out the small details perfectly,then you went on a made a gorgeous beaufighter with just the right amount of weathering.first rate build

mobear

First Name
Chris
Beautiful build there aj, great detailing an weathering. Top notch.

Regards

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Michael
Fantastic job there Antonio, you've got the weathering really nice and I like your panel lines on this model, how did you do then is that a pin wash?what did you use? Great work.M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful beaufighter antonio , looks like a lovely kit to build .One small thing though , the collector rings on the engine cowlings were not copper coloured , they were made of mild steel and in service quickly turned from silver to a dark bronze/brown almost black colour , this could be mistaken for weathered copper. Only an observation , its still a fantastic build , cheers tony

A

ajcmac

\ said:
Fantastic job there Antonio, you've got the weathering really nice and I like your panel lines on this model, how did you do then is that a pin wash?what did you use? Great work.M
michaelm

I used the Dark Brown 'Washes MIG ". I apply a wash throughout the model. I wait about two hours and then clean with a dry cotton cloth.

\ said:
Beautiful beaufighter antonio , looks like a lovely kit to build .One small thing though , the collector rings on the engine cowlings were not copper coloured , they were made of mild steel and in service quickly turned from silver to a dark bronze/brown almost black colour , this could be mistaken for weathered copper. Only an observation , its still a fantastic build , cheers tony
Yak

Thanks for the tip. All I have on the model is in black and white. Can not figure out what color. On the sheet of Tamiya and from what I saw in several models ending all use bronze. As I also want to build another Beaufighter (night version) no longer will make the same mistake.

Regards

ajcmac

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fabulous Beaufighter Antonio! That is interesting regarding the exhaust collector ring cowls.

C

Caledonia

Hi António, Great job, one of my favourite WWII aircraft, 5 Star. Cheers Derek