british decals help

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
hi guys I have built a bishop and the decals are rubbish can anyone advise who and where I should buy replacement sets as I build mainly British armour ww2

thanks Steve

W

Willi262

In my worst case scenario, I would hand draw, and then paint out whatever markings I needed (unless that was impractical for whatever reason). Or scavenge some leftovers from a different kit -which is how I got some extra swastikas for my airfix 109 and the revell of germany Ar-234...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
what is it you need. I might have some left overs...

Ian M

C

CDW

If you have pictures of the decals I may have something leftover from the armour I've done, and could match them up possibly.

Assuming you need 1/35

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
the decals are as shown sorry they are upside down I have enough left over from other kits I think so thanks for the kind offer guys this kit is slightly different from Ian's bishop it is made by vm of Russia . the kit has went together ok but the decals are rubbish as soon you slide the decal off it curls into a scroll . I don't think i would have the steady hand to do my own ones , I wondered who to go to for British decals bison/archer ?

steve

View attachment 72123

20131031_165705.jpg

C

CDW

I had the same issue with an armoured car from an eastern Europe manufacturer (I think) they curled up then disintegrated.

I can't match any of the above I'm afraid but do have a few spare decals, if you need any I can take a photo and you can tell me what would be useful .

I would assume Ian would be able to help much more as he must have a plethora of spares from what he's built.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'll have a rummage and see if I can find some if you still want them.

I'm not sure that Bison make a set of generic ID marks.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Are these of any interest?

http://www.accurate-armour.com/showaaproducts.cfm?category=6&subcategory=47

Ian M

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
hi guys I have built a bishop and the decals are rubbish can anyone advise who and where I should buy replacement sets as I build mainly British armour ww2thanks Steve
Try Archer, they don't just doo rivets etc., they do transfers/decals for British & German AFV's as well.

If they are as good as the rivets, they will be top notch!

You can now download the full catalogue on line, and their service is second to none!

Gregg