Britsh 25 PDR. Field Gun & Quad Gun Tractor

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Next was some gummins underneath the rear wheel arch. I have no idea what they are so if someone can enlighten me that would be much appreciated. Anyhow they looked nice and fitted in well. The obligatory 0.8mm rivet was added

Don't know if anyone ever replied to you - but - these appear to be "wheel scotches". They were used when using the winch to move something without the vehicle moving or sinking on/in soft ground.

See here:- scotches

Copyright to web site owner.

HTH,

Paul.
:smiling2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
I’d forgotten about this....glad you didn’t. So much extra stuff:surprised:
Reminds me I must finish some of my started stuff!

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Steve,
Question; Who thinks Steve got a rivet maker for Xmas :hungry: .
Great to see this build on the go again Steve, All the details are a knockout. The items under the wheelarch look like the wedges you put under the wheels to stop it rolling away.
Cheers, Mike.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I'm glad you like the windows Jim as these were the parts that were getting me down. As you say I was nearly there
Me too Peter. The bling is all painted now so you are safe :smiling3:
Top man Paul:thumb2:. I thought that was the idea for them but to actually see a picture of how they work was fascinating. Many thanks
What? You have another 100 years to live Si? You have more shelf queens than a ...........
Cheers Colin
I did! I did!:smiling3::smiling5:. Problem is Mike there are more in the series so the next few Xmas's could be taken care of
Glad its finished now Scottie
Kind of you to say Peter

She has been cleaned up and primed. Hopefully updates at the weekend. Did I tell you this will be my first attempt at the hairspray method of chipping?:confused::surprised::cool:

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
So enjoyable to watch the master detailer at work,,no detail left undone..glad to see you back on the wagon so to speak after your last OOB build..looking forward to the hairspray chipping tutorial...I’d lend you a few cans but the misses may be a bit miffed.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Firstly :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: then it's out to the garden again. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I had to go right back to before Christmas December to remember all this, my word young Steve you certainly get to grips with the detail.
Nice to see that Paul also realised what the scotches were, surprised no other ex R.E.M.E. men picked it up either. They weren't light either, must have been a struggle to get them back under the arch, no doubt they would have been slung in the back with all the other kit.
A great build, what with wheel making, that takes me back to our very own Mr T and his trained spoke making spiders.! To the eye poping rivets on every surface .
You've certainly come a long way from the time we joined MM, what in 2015 ?
JR

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Thanks for the offer Joe. I actually had to go down to the drug store and buy some of my own. Now bearing in mind I have less hair than a gooseberry, I had some odd looks from the checkout girl wondering why a person with no hair wanted not one but two cans of hairspray!:smiling5::tears-of-joy::smiling6::smiling3:
Thanks for sparing the time between gardening to have a look see Richard:smiling5::smiling3::thumb2:
You learn so much on this forum JR. It was great to read about the scotches

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Look good Steve, just the right amount, easy to over do , and knowing when enough is enough is hard.
John.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

It certainly is Wouter. Cant wait to use it on the winter camo for the Bison
Glad you like it Scottie.Many thanks
Less is more JR. That was the first bit of advice I ever received on chipping from our comrade Si

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Particularly like the picnic basket :smiling: Steve.
Enjoy the golf while I enjoy those tracks !
JR