BTR- 80A zvezda 1/35(jumbo scale)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
the part I enjoy the most detail and weathering.
This is looking really nice Dave. I'm the same with my aircraft, it's the final detailing that I really like. Then you stop, just at the moment, and wonder, 'is it done' ?

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
This is looking really nice Dave. I'm the same with my aircraft, it's the final detailing that I really like. Then you stop, just at the moment, and wonder, 'is it done' ?
Thanks Colin ,strange hobby ive had no intrest for months all of a sudden for no real reason its back on the bike like I never fell off ,but I do have spells where I love the building part cant be bothered with the painting and visa versa ,still have enjoyed both sides so far. Dave

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking superb Dave:thumb2:,
Lovely paintwork and weathering to boot mate, fantastic effects you've achieved there :cool:,
Top stuff!!

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Well David for someone that does not really model in the 35 scale you have made a superb job of this one, take a bow, you have earned it, kitchen table and all.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well the exhaust shrouds seemed to be a lot more work than I envisaged ,by that I mean got one done in the time I thought they'd both be done ,didn't want them lathered in rust only covers after all but wanted them to look like they do get really hot. Hard bit coming next ,matching the other side to this one ,I did remember to note down what I used and the sequence used interested to hear your thoughts ,
20230816_140423.jpg
20230816_140816.jpg
A big thanks to all for your continued encouragement. Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent paint effects Dave. Very believable effects :thumb2:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Glad you got the Mojo back Dave.In the summer mines usually zero with my wife off work.I only have a dining room table in our flat to work on and sadly nowhere to airbrush without a garden ir shed.Love your painting style.Doing a grand job.
Happy modelling.
Richard

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Glad you got the Mojo back Dave.In the summer mines usually zero with my wife off work.I only have a dining room table in our flat to work on and sadly nowhere to airbrush without a garden ir shed.Love your painting style.Doing a grand job.
Happy modelling.
Richard
Thanks Richard ive only got the dining room table but have stopped using lacquer paints they complained all the time about the smell ,I knew it was time to open the patio doors when the mice started to bang on the glass of their tank ,have since moved on to acrylic paints but must say they are much harder to get your head around but never have a problem with them ,there is a certain brand I've never bothered with so have never suffered the tip drying disease they all talk about. And lets be honest a couple of half AB cups of paint lays down a lot of plastic its not like I'm spraying a 1/1 bloody car:sick: if I remember I stick on a left over covid mask other than that hey ho I'm still alive and moaning. How does that song go ,its my life:tongue-out2:. Glad your enjoying it so far. Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Had a good session today plodded on with what I'm doing ,hope you can see what I meant about there being lots of start stop places a couple more pics to bore you with honest only the two20230820_135512.jpg

20230820_135430.jpg

Still "lovin" it as they say thanks all for the continued support and encouragement . Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Blimy their hard work these big things ,not moaning just saying ,seems like I've been at it for ages ,well beginning to see the finish line(I hope) few more bits to close up then on with the under carriage and wheel arch bits im going to bore you with some more pics hope the progress shows
20230828_110406.jpg
20230828_110431.jpg
20230828_110620.jpg
20230828_110749.jpg
Its a hard one im trying to keep it looking like a good old work horse always doing what was asked of it ,not a mud covered rusted out MOT failure its taken me a long time to realise with the weathering less looks better.
The next bit I must sort is the body count ,I've got one of thoes turntable thingy's but never use it even when spraying i have to hold the model the same when detailing hence the body count
20230827_070316.jpg
Then thoes bloody wheels all eight of them not my favourite subject ,I've had a pop at one of them don't worry about the hub still WIP not sure but were see by the time I get to number eight I might have sussed where I'm going
20230828_105722.jpg
Thanks all for your continued patience. Dave

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Doesn't require patience to follow this Dave.... It's a pleasure when something's looking as good as this mate :thumb2:, keep it coming.... a contender for a "Dogs" already I reckon:cool:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Andy's right, it's good to watch this come together. That is a really great looking model. The painting/weathering is spot on.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The whole thing wasn't beginning to stall but was reaching bits that interested me the least ,but no way could I disguise the fact that this ran on wheels all bloody eight of em. So having checked in on scottie's latest master piece was inspired to jump up to the table and persevere. Thought I did ok five out of eight......
20230831_195028.jpg
20230831_195028.jpg
Not needed at work tomorrow(yippee) so three to go .........Dave

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
The whole thing wasn't beginning to stall but was reaching bits that interested me the least ,but no way could I disguise the fact that this ran on wheels all bloody eight of em. So having checked in on scottie's latest master piece was inspired to jump up to the table and persevere. Thought I did ok five out of eight......
View attachment 489720
View attachment 489721
Not needed at work tomorrow(yippee) so three to go .........Dave
Nice work there Dave. I've some tyre dressing if you want to return them to black!!!!!! Only joking, they look as they should. Used.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Excellent work with the paint, looks spot on to my eye as does the weathering ….Very nicely done Dave