Buccaneer

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job Martin, the worn leather effect is brilliant , I wish I could get faces looking half as good as this ! , cheers tony

B

Bunkerbarge

Figure painting is something I would like to try more of but having the time and facilities is a challenge. Then if the truth be known I'm probably a bit scared of it as well!!

This is a cracking job though and a great inspiration to try having a go. My only suggestions would be to try to dull down the sheen on the cloth waistcoat and bandana and maybe add a bit more sheen to the front of the leather hat. Oh and I'm afraid it doesn't look anything like Johnny Depp!!!!

P

Polux

Fantastic bust!!

Very nice paint work, the leather colour is magnificent ;)

Polux

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i like it alot,great work for me ,i do real like the hat the painting on that, to get the leather effect, is tops,

and not to say the rest is very well done also for me it works.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Martin I must try some figure painting myself, don't think I would be that good though

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I love a good bust Martin ! ;) And this one doesn't disappoint very well painted and great shades and highlights top job cheers John

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Super work Martin, that is one very scary buccaneer !

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Top job ;)

Lee :smiling3:

O

omi1966

Thanks for your kind comments.

The leather seems to be an eye catcher ! We'll the effect is very easy to do and I'm sure all of you can do it.

I picked up the technic from a fellow painter I'd be glad to share it.

As for the sheen on the waist coat well I think I had a mishap with the Vallejo blue I used as it was supposed to be matt, I'll know for next time, and thanks for the comments, the leather may look very dull but I just shot the photos in the kitchen with just spotlights, my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol.

Last edited: