Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right gents. Lets be having them.

I'm considering a rule that says that the person that suggests a build and those that voted for it MUST take part in the build.....:eek:

You have been warned.

Your friendly GB boss!

PS rather than reply to each idea I will just hit the like or good idea button so you know I have seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
There are some notable anniversaries next year - D-day, Arnhem and of course the outbreak of WW1.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats not what was in the box...!

Build a kit that has been modified. Either with scratch build or aftermarket parts.

Not just to add extra detail but to change it to another version.

As an example I could point to my Sea Mossy build. The boxed kit was a MkIV the finished build should be a TR33.

It could be any subject any scale. It just has to start as a kit and end up different that has not been kitted.

Literally hundreds of possible builds there!!

Ian M

C

CDW

I'll be lazy and just repeat what I suggested for this year, I'm still interested in each of them.

an architectural build of an existing building/monument etc.... preferably scratch built.

Maintenance .... any vehicle being serviced or modified or loaded etc.

Payload carriers .... anything specifically for carrying bombs, explosives etc.

Horses in wartime ... whether they be ridden, pulling something etc.

Some figure or hardware from days gone by... medieval, Napoleonic eras for instance.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I like Colin's idea of some hardware from history like maybe a ballista or an old style cannon.

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
@CDW I like the idea for some thing horse related Colin. Although the building one is interesting Im not sure. Payload carriers.... A bit vague, I mean could it not be any thing from a bomber to an Ammo lorry... Can you explain it a bit better?

Historical figure or a bust could be a fun one...

Ian M

P

Paul P

nice to see someone mention figures on a GB, on other sires ive been on all that gets mentioned for GBs is tanks or vehicles and the odd plane

Paul

C

CDW

I suppose it is a little vague thinking about it Ian ... Could be adjusted to land based vehicles? .... Maybe someone could refine it a little better

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Anything with a crane attached....boat, tracked vehicle, truck, whatever.

Underground....WW1 tunnellers...Hunting Charlie in Vietnam.....anything underground.

Resistance fighters....partisans.

Strange looking aircraft.

Flying creature.

Anything sunk.

A futuristic vehicle.....anything goes!

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall seeing many buildings on this site. There are lots of kits out there for buildings from apartments and houses to railway stations and warehouses. I mean that the building is the subject and not as part of a diorama scene setter.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
braille scale armour

race cars

or pick a handful of countries such as Britain, Italy, Germany and Japan.....have a poll, the winner is the one we make cars from

biplanes, any scale

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
From the top:

Ron: Like the crane one. Loads of options there...

Strange looking aircraft...That would be a challenge

Underground..... Hmmmmm interesting.

Flying creatures.... after the something alive debate? No thank you.

Rick. I know what you mean. I think it will be hard to get people to stop at a building as they are just begging to be a diorama. Maybe a dio that has to include a building could be easier to digest.

Paul; Brail scale armour. I think you need to remember that we are (nearly) all old farts here and can hardly see any thing past 1/48 LOL. One thing it would be a challenge. I assume you mean 1/72-1/76 and not 1/144 scale...

The car one could be fun (even though I just cant do cars). No poll though. you sign up and pick the marquee. snooze you lose sort of thing. That would require a list and a promise to take part before the list is published.... muhhhhhhhaaaa.

Its been a while since we had some biplanes ...

Keep those ideas coming.

Ian M

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
Paul; Brail scale armour. I think you need to remember that we are (nearly) all old farts here and can hardly see any thing past 1/48 LOL. One thing it would be a challenge. I assume you mean 1/72-1/76 and not 1/144 scale...

Ian M
deffo 1/72-1/76! lol.......better go to specsavers .............why not 1/48 armour then?...something ive never done personally, goes with 1/48 aircraft and its the 'in thing' at the moment. i like braille scale cos it is a challenge but cos its cheap too

old fart?........

lol

\ said:
The car one could be fun (even though I just cant do cars).

Ian M
why?.....its just a box of styrene, just a different shape to a tank or plane or whatever.........when i did my first ship i didnt know where to start so i just thought of it as a car or plane that didnt have wheels or wings, used the same approach i always use and thoroughly enjoyed the build since it was something different

P

Polux

- The End of the World....

How you imagine it? This is a challenge!! Floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, meteorites... Emblematic destroyed buildings (Colin idea)

- The writer....

There are literary works that have done history. Create an image of a book of... Julio Verne, Tolkien or Azimov (mentioning some). It would be a precious tribute!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
I like Colin's idea of some hardware from history like maybe a ballista or an old style cannon.Gern
Was it summat I said? How come this post doesn't have all the buttons - like, agree etc. etc.?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Can we keep the chit chat down., I have to weed through all this to find the suggestions at a later date.

Which by the only reason some posts have gotten a thumbs up or a like. these have all now been replaced with a simple noted. So no one has any thing to worry about.

Ian M

Colin. you can just remove it again. no harm done

First Name
Adrian
TV/Film Cars, trucks boats? Not just the Batman, how about things like Bullit, Smokey and the Bandit, Scarab's from Baywatch?

Adrian

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dont think there are many scarab models Adrian, TV cars.... Hmm

P

Polux

Ok...a simple and easy ones..

- Fire department.

You choice!! Trucks,planes,cars,....

-Japanese air force (wwII)

-Military soldiers.

Navy seals, "komandos", delta force, mercenaries,...

-Aircraft maintinence vehicles.

Fuel trucks or other vehicles that help the planes fly away!!

- The military factory.

A little scene with a mechanic constructing a tank, plane ... (even for ending!! Not repairing)

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A few more thoughts about the suggestions so far:

@Colin. The build a building idea. I was thinking about this one this morning and had an idea. How about this, Build a model of your own home.... A good scratch build idea and no two will be the same. Or go crazy and say build your dream house or what ever you would like to live in...

@Polux The Military soldiers. I take it you mean special services soldiers.. Could be a good one for a single figure build..Airfield Ground support A good idea as well. Not a lot of kits other than the 1/72 sets from Airfix and a few others, so again could be a good base for a scratch build/conversion thing.

keep em coming lads and dont forget to vote in the poll in the other thread.

Ian M