Builds to finish and complete

First Name
Robert
I just had the wife having a go at me big time ( spring cleaning ) and she says to me Robert " no more models are coming into this house, you have to finish what you have abs get the stash down to one coffer ( I have 3 full )

So it's the orders and in pretty gutted but ruled are rules

I'll do whAt I can with the gb builds if I have it In my stash

Ouch ouch and double ouch

Women just don't know or understand imho

Regards

Robert

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I don't now, nor have I ever had a stash of more than three kits. At the moment I have one on the go and one in the cupboard. I can't be had with that one. I do get accused of putting ten hour shifts in my little model studio, but that's nonsense. After two or three hours I've had enough :smiling3:

I buy to build rather than to own the kits, but each to their own.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Robert
I agree with both comments, my problem is I go into a shop and well I can be bad and then I see other builds on here and also on Internet and I say think that's good I'll try that etc etc but heh in my own worst enemy.

Oh well I'll learn the herd way

Robert

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well Robert, some people build to buy, others like to collect model kits and don't really ever intend to build them. Other just can't resist a bargain and end up with a significant stash without ever intending to have one. It sounds like you might be mainly in the third category :smiling3:

The thing is that it doesn't matter. Some get as much pleasure from collecting kits as I do from building them and there's nothing wrong with that. Horses for courses, as they say.

Cheers

Steve

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Oh well I'll learn the herd way
Well, stop following the herd and be ya own man! :D

I had loads in a stash and I thinned down, nowhere to store and it got overwhelming, I would look and then couldn't decide so I ended up making naff all.

D

Deleted member 4539

I need a stash so that I have a choice of what to do.

I'm always tempted by bargains.

I'm lucky that I have and understanding wife(Paula)And I can do what I want with my money as she does with hers.

First Name
Robert
I love the comments and Si your right I am easily persuaded and think mmmm that's nice j wonder..... Yes I will stop chewing the cud eh ( and I was looking at an at at and a scout too but not any more.

Ralph I do have my own funds but Alison wrath can be strong so I have to be kind ( and sheepish) and agree with her.

However I'll be still doing an I'll still be posting as always

Regards

Robert

First Name
Robert
\ said:
"The Wrath is strong in this one."
Darth Vader the wrath of the sith, the worst of evil you could imagine are meer pussycats in comparison .

I'll give you a laugh, she says when she is gone she wants me to play from the wizard of oz " heho the witch is dead"

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Darth Vader the wrath of the sith, the worst of evil you could imagine are meer pussycats in comparison .
I'll give you a laugh, she says when she is gone she wants me to play from the wizard of oz " heho the witch is dead"
Well at least that is good news...she is going first:rolleyes:...normally it is the other way around...besides, unless you're knackered by then you can get ya stash back :D

First Name
Robert
Si I'm halfway there already knackered that is I'm 47 and I have to have a knee op again!! Years of bike riding ( motor bikes) had a stroke last year

Think I should buy a grim reaper model eh ??

Hahahaha

By the way the wife's 50 but officially she says 49