CA glue kept in the fridge?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Actually the drier the environment the better and the fridge is ideal for it but in my environment the humidity is so high that its adhesive capabilities deteriorate rapidly once the cap is removed. So always start with a fresh tube. Some manufacturers have found this out and sell mini sized tubes. I keep a bundle of them of different forms...gel, quick setting etc.

Imagine using CA in the north pole...totally useless if the temperature is the factor.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble
Fridges aren’t dry environments Richard :smiling5: Commercially, mould is a big issue in fridges, and they thrive in damp environments. We used to have to wipe ours out three times a week with bleach at work to keep the mould counts down…….

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Fridges aren’t dry environments Richard :smiling5: Commercially, mould is a big issue in fridges, and they thrive in damp environments. We used to have to wipe ours out three times a week with bleach at work to keep the mould counts down…….
:tears-of-joy: Much drier for us in our kind of climate Tim. But it always defeats the purpose once we take it out of the fridge and reopen the cap...the condensation happens right away.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Why not just draw a line under this eh guys?!....
I think after all the detailed comments,not to mention the "scientific debate", it's just a case of " do what you wanna do"....
It's getting tedious now, IT'S JUST A HOBBY.... and,unless there's something I'm missing,we don't really need rocket science?!

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Why not just draw a line under this eh guys?!....
I think after all the detailed comments,not to mention the "scientific debate", it's just a case of " do what you wanna do"....
It's getting tedious now, IT'S JUST A HOBBY.... and,unless there's something I'm missing,we don't really need rocket science?!
Rocket science is the easiest science, just saying........ :tongue-out2:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Why do my reviews always seem to cause problems??

Will stop reviews after the looper, less stress

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Why do my reviews always seem to cause problems??

Will stop reviews after the looper, less stress
Don't take offence Bob mate,
I certainly didn't mean that!! ...
... It was a perfectly good question in the first place... I just thought that it got a bit over complicated ;)
No stress meant to you buddy,I value your thoughts/queries all the time :smiling3:
Known you too long to take what you mean any other way than useful ;)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
For the amount of CA i use, i only use the small tubes. Far more cost effective in the long run
I buy regular-sized tubes or bottles from hardware stores and similar, which are typically 3 or 5 grammes, off the top of my head. I once bought something like a 20 g bottle, and ended up throwing over half of it away because the nozzle clogged up too much to clear it (even by drilling it out) long before the glue itself was unusable. Waste of money, IMHO.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
There's nothing better to get the members going is there.;) My freezer by the way is set at -18 c, never found any thing living inside either Tim .

Think we all think a bigger bottle is better, but in the case of this finger sticker it seems 5 to 10 g is better . I've just sent off for some Loctite that Dave recommended.
Think its now time to put this to bed.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Hi Bob,
I'll probably get shouted down for this, BUT .....
I don't see what all the fuss is about with this kinda thing :sad: ...
.... I have many types of glues etc.. NEVER have I based any of them in the fridge,or indeed,worried about them getting to room temperature :smiling3:
.... never really had a problem with using them,(considering my apparent "mal treatment"),....
Maybe I'm just lucky,but to me,all this over pampering of stuff is just unnecessary... not to mention taking the fun out of the hobby ;)
It's just glue mate... shove it on your bench and use it as,and when, you want it.... simples :smiling3:
+1 for the above.