Caen area 11th August 1944

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice figure painting Alan......I remember seeing these figures on a dio. here a while back, and had to laugh at the bren gun carrier....Although it can't be seen on your picture, have you noticed how miserable he looks? Probably 'cos he's lumbered with the heavy weapon!

I can see a great diorama in the making, keep the pictures coming.....

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Ron , I've just had a look at him and your right he looks very miserable lol , I don't know if I've built him slightly out of speck but mine appears to be slouching as well which just seems to add to his depression lol maybe he's just recieved a dear john letter :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
These are the kits I'm using for this project , I was going to scratch build a command post although in this it's just a forward outpost but I found this in a bargin bin for £4.50 so I got it instead View attachment 74643

also I've nicked the willy's jeep of my other dio I've got on hold until I can find an M3 half trackimage.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Top work Alan, that set of British was what I was thinking of using in a dio, they look rather good.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Top work Alan, that set of British was what I was thinking of using in a dio, they look rather good.Si:smiling3:
Yes mate they are petty good very detailed so the dry brushing comes off a treat

So what's on the cards for this dio you have in mind ?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb painting, wish my figure painting could be half as good.

My dio is called: 'Missed the boat' it is a jetty with these troops just sauntering down, the jetty is polystyrene and blown up one end, water effects added to the base with metal rods twisted and blocks of concrete attached to them. Need some equipment, guns, tine hats etc to add to the jetty. This is my 'Dunkerque' scene.

T

tecdes

Very nice Alan. Like the detailing.

Like all British Soldiers I see they have found the cow pat albeit white ones. ;)

Laurie

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Superb painting, wish my figure painting could be half as good.My dio is called: 'Missed the boat' it is a jetty with these troops just sauntering down, the jetty is polystyrene and blown up one end, water effects added to the base with metal rods twisted and blocks of concrete attached to them. Need some equipment, guns, tine hats etc to add to the jetty. This is my 'Dunkerque' scene.

Your figures are just as good as mine mate but thanks for the compliment :smiling3:

That sounds great mate I've got some bits left over from some figure sets . Bren gun , sten , lee Enfield and some other bits if you want them mate

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Very nice Alan. Like the detailing.Like all British Soldiers I see they have found the cow pat albeit white ones. ;)

Laurie
Cheers Laurie

I don't know what they feed the cows in France but I don't think it's too healthy :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Your figures are just as good as mine mate but thanks for the compliment :smiling3: That sounds great mate I've got some bits left over from some figure sets . Bren gun , sten , lee Enfield and some other bits if you want them mate
I don't know, think you have better painting techniques than me.

Yeah, any bits will great mate, only if you can spare them?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I don't know, think you have better painting techniques than me.Yeah, any bits will great mate, only if you can spare them?

It's just basic dry brushing mate , all I do is paint the part in it's colour then a watered down darker shade then dry brush with the original colour that's it

If I needed them mate I wouldn't offer and you usually get extra weapons and bags and stuff every time you buy figures and some of the stuff is pre-painted for you as well I'm only glad to help :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
It's just basic dry brushing mate , all I do is paint the part in it's colour then a watered down darker shade then dry brush with the original colour that's itIf I needed them mate I wouldn't offer and you usually get extra weapons and bags and stuff every time you buy figures and some of the stuff is pre-painted for you as well I'm only glad to help :smiling3:
Thank you pal for the tip and the items.

P

Polux

Look very nice Alan.

Excellent figures and very interesting items for this diorama.

I will be watching you.... ;) :smiling3: :smiling3: