Calling International Rescue... Emergency in orbit...

B

Boldman

"This is a big one Alan, take Thunderbird 3"

"Yes Father!"

Cue the music...

Another one for my Gerry Anderson shelf. Will be on display on the IPMS Farnborough stand at Telford.

Haven't been posting much lately but thought I'd share this with you. Its the Aoshima Thunderbird 3:

which just HAD to be set in an appropriate setting, so I built the roundhouse from scratch:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent model Andrew, Alan's ride blasting off looks great and the scratch built round house is very well done.

One great build doodah coming over....F.A.B.!

C

CDW

Add another doodah from me.

Wondered where you'd been Andrew, obviously it was cracking on with a great job that this is.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another FAB build Andrew!

Anybody seen my coat?

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've often wondered...just what do the initials F.A.B. stand for? I didn't missed an episode, but never did find out....

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
How about:

'Fully Advised and Briefed'

Or:

'Full Acknowledgement of Broadcast'

Or:

Absolutely nothing (according to Gerry Anderson). Just a different way of saying 'fab' - a trendy expression from the sixties - which no doubt you'll remember well Ron!

You'll find all of these on t'interweb. I guess it's up to you which one to believe.

Gern

B

Boldman

Thanks guys, glad you liked it. I just realised there was another build I completed a few weeks ago that I hadn't posted on here... I've cut down my forum postings lately as they were taking up too much modelling time ;)

I'll create another thread...

C

CDW

Fab didn't actually mean anything, it was just a play on the hip and grovey words they used in the 60's, ie ''that's fab man!'

They just took the word and made it appear like an acronym in the series thinking it would appeal to the youth that would watch the show.

There's an interview with ''the genius'' and he and his wife explain a lot of the stuff including some stuff added for the more mature audience.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Absolutely nothing (according to Gerry Anderson). Just a different way of saying 'fab' - a trendy expression from the sixties - which no doubt you'll remember well Ron!

Gern
David, I can assure you, I remember very little about the '60's.......groovy man!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
im an Anderson fan............brought up on Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet and UFO and all the rest, so i love to see any thing related

this is seriously awesome

P

Polux

Excellent build Andrew.

The house and his colour are perfect, you nailed it mate ;)

Have a nice Telford's event!

Polux

First Name
Andy
F.A.B Andrew, it looks great...

According to Gerry Anderson, who was the creator of Thunderbirds, F.A.B. simply stood for fab (short for fabulous), which was a '60s catchphrase, during radio broadcasts, it also stood for 'Fully Acknowledged Broadcast'...:cool:

P

Plastickitbasher

Only found the thread today I have to say that's a FAB build