Camoflauge nets

G

Graham_1970

Can anyone tell me how to make cam nets as I want to make them for the harrier 1 24.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Graham

I'll be using a Verlinden item in my 190 dio but that's 1/48. The net is actually supposed to be 1/35 but I think it'll look fine for an aircraft camo net in 1/48. I don't think it's going to look right in 1/24 and it certainly won't be big enough. I've been racking my brains trying to think of an alternative - medical gauze, net curtain, fruit bags, fish net tights!? nothing seems to be quite right. I tried to see if I could find anything online but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. You could try the Verlinden net - possible sew/stick a few together (you can disguise the joins with folds, hesian strips etc.

Just found this: Easy Gardener Natural Hessian 0.91 x 5m, 0038398031047

Might work out - at least it's a bit more manly than the tights!!!

Best of luck

Paul

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
Have you looked at the nylon mesh that you see in strainers?

Could be a good scale size although it may turn out expensive if you keep scrapping strainers.

Also, visit, or send a carefully briefed representative, to a fabric shop to look at a range of curtain nets.

Apparently they come in various mesh size/densities that could be useful. Come in nylon and cotton , senior management tell me so dye might work, otherwise, glue and paint?

Good luck.

Peter