CAPTURED Fw190A-5

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
They're coming thick and fast now!

Here's my finished Fw190A-5 in 1/72,not a scale I work with very often,but good fun

This aircraft was acquired by the men of the 325th F.G. in Italy,probably at Lesinia. It seems they did fly it in these colours before it was grounded due to 'unsafe tyres'.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Steve, that is one very neatly constructed and painted model.

I reckon any more weathering would have detracted from the superb colour scheme.

Very well done....Big 5 coming your way!

Cheers,

Ron

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Steve a great build on such a small scale. I bet you'll be glad to get back to your usual builds in 1/48 and 1/32 scale and give your eyes a rest. Well done.

Vaughan

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job steve, the paintwork is superb. These hobby boss kits are ideal for this type of project arent they? Are you going to do more 1/72 or are you going to keep downscaling and do a 1/144, theres some superb Sweet bf109's !!!!!!!!cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is a little cracker Steve.

I love the paint job. As different as it is, and even though it kind of reminds me of a corsair, you can't get away from the fact that the Fw 190 was a very hansom aircraft.

Five stars from me as well.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well I finally managed to get on!

Thanks for the comments,it is a lovely little kit. It's got about the same number of parts as a drop tank on my normal scale models :smiling3:

Tony,I'm definitely not going any smaller. My Optivisor only has 1.5x lenses! I think I'll be returning to larger models. I have nothing but respect for the sort of work you put into such small models. I'm afraid I did absolutely nothing with the rather sparse interior.

Cheers

Steve

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
What a great colour scheme.

Nice one Steve.

Tony.

A

andygh

Cool, amazing how a different paint job can change the aircraft's appearance so much

D

dubster72

That looks really good Steve though I had to put my shades on to protect my eyes! I'm with you on the scale question - I find 1/48 hard enough!

Patrick

Last edited:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice work Steve, looks great under new management. Big five from me too mate.

Have fun, John

R

rogue-one

that does look like such a small model! very well painted and great colours!

T

treyzx10r

Great build Steve,really neat to see those colors on a 190.Kinda hurts tho:sadcry: j/k cheers Trey