Cement for clear parts (windows/canopies)

• Thread starter Deleted member 9328
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9328

Typical newbie question warning:

Any advice on what clear plastic cement product to purchase welcomed - there is so much new stuff to learn!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Taff. Do you mean plastic glue that’s clear or plastic glue for clear parts? If the former, then my “go tos” are Contacta and Tamiya extra thin.
if the latter, then I use this…it’s like a super strong PVA type glue, but has better holding power.
E786658B-B6F3-4F14-9E50-FDEA87190FF3.jpeg
Don’t try to use Contacta or Tamiya extra thin on clear parts, they could fog them and give disappointing results.

Modler bob

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Taff. Do you mean plastic glue that’s clear or plastic glue for clear parts? If the former, then my “go tos” are Contacta and Tamiya extra thin.
if the latter, then I use this…it’s like a super strong PVA type glue, but has better holding power.
View attachment 461990
Don’t try to use Contacta or Tamiya extra thin on clear parts, they could fog them and give disappointing results.
Thanks Tim.
I'll have to try Tamiya also.

D

Deleted member 9328

View attachment 461990
Thanks - yes I mean cement for clear parts like windows and canopies, etc.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Micro Krystal Klear. John has it in the shop.
I'll second that. Also its handy if you loose a tiny window of light lens/glass.

Tamiya Extra thin can be used of clear parts but you need to be very careful and only use the smallest amount.

D

Deleted member 9328

Great advice again and thankyou all that took time to help. Much appreciated and another product in the basket.