Chattering servos

A

ajg141

I am hoping that someone might be able to help me out here. I am getting constant and serious 'chattering' on the attached set up I am testing out prior to installation in a model.

Set up:

Servos: 3 Futaba S-3003

ESC: Msonik Marine 15 ESC

Motor: Decaperm 6v

Rx: Jamara XT-2 FM receiver

Tx: Robbe F-14 Navy

The servos/ESC have just been removed from another model & were functioning perfectly on 27Mhz with another Rx/Tx.

Question is - is the Jamara Rx up to this - or is there some simpler solution.

I would appreciate any help you might be able to give - thanks.

Andrew

G

George

I am hoping that someone might be able to help me out here. I am getting constant and serious 'chattering' on the attached set up I am testing out prior to installation in a model.Set up:

Servos: 3 Futaba S-3003

ESC: Msonik Marine 15 ESC

Motor: Decaperm 6v

Rx: Jamara XT-2 FM receiver

Tx: Robbe F-14 Navy

The servos/ESC have just been removed from another model & were functioning perfectly on 27Mhz with another Rx/Tx.

Question is - is the Jamara Rx up to this - or is there some simpler solution.

I would appreciate any help you might be able to give - thanks.

Andrew
Andrew, Check out the reciever batteries that they are charged. This could be the problem :inv:

A

ajg141

George

Thanks for info - maybe I should have added this is a BEC set up, but I'll recharge battery anyway & have another bash.

Andrew

S

shipmate60

The Deccaperm Motor is a notoriously electrically "Dirty" motor, have you supressed the motor and even gone as far as earthing the motor to the prop shaft. This usually cures reciever interfearance.

Bob

A

adzam

thanx for that shipmate, thats a tip to take a note of !

A

ajg141

Very interesting info Bob. Many thanks. I would never have thought of earthing the motor to the shaft. I shall go and have a try.

Andrew

I

IainM

Chattering servos versus BEC

Andrew,

I have had a similar problem with Hitec gear and it turned out to be all to do with the BEC supply competing with the receiiver battery pack.

I guess I should have realised ......... BEC can't be switched off as such.

I added an extender lead from ESC to Receiver and cut the 'red' lead (the BEC supply). Behold, no more chattering servos. (at least so far!!)

I confess I wonder about BEC, especially when the power battery is say 7.2 or 12 volt and the receiver is 6 volt. I know it may only be a dropping resistor to reduce voltage, but I wonder about interference from the ESC circuits.

Best of luck

Iain