Cheaper Acylics

P

Pogo

I have put this in to see if any modellers use the many different acrylic paints on the market.I have used Tamiya Which i found ok but quite dear for what you get . I being half scots , wanted something as good but cheaper. I found in my local craft shop Anitas Acrylics , a squeezy type bottle that holds 2 FL oz of paint. The paints come in different colours of course but many match up to colours we already know.A colour called Advacado is the same as US Interior Green. The list goes on. For 99 p I can get 3 times the paint and dont have to be careful about wasting any . Another make is Inscribe which produce a model paint specificly for models !! They also do a good colour range for general painting. Yes , you can spend a fortune on Tamiya etc but there are alternatives. Even household emulsion has its uses, as does gloss and satin . Colour paint charts were you get several similar shades on one card can be matched to humbrol tamiya etc. Very good for kleeping in the paint box for quick reference

Pogo

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Pogo,this is interesting,a few years ago I picked up a boxful of bankrupt stock on a car boot fair,the acrylics were ceramic painting acrylic and a diversity of colours some more useful than others,over the years I have used them both for modelling and with my artwork paintings,I have intermixed them with Tamiya and Humbrol acrylics with no adverse effects,take a trip to your local art shop folks and see what they have on the shelves,you could be in for a pleasant surprise,Tamiya are far from the only ones on the market.

N

new to trains

also take a look at many stencil paints, most are acrylic !- B and Q do large pots for about 2 quid, colours are limited but you can mix them and create your own palette, great for dioramas ands landscape works, not so hot for aircraft models or whatever though.........