Christian's Warlord Games/Italeri Bolt Action 1:56 StuG III.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Welcome to the Warlord Bolt Action wargame StuG III build :smiling:)

This was bought as a 3-piece set, called a "zug", which has 3 StuG kits in their separate bags, as well as a sprue of 6 German "Grenadiers" (late war infantry, apparently so named to boost morale). I will not be doing the soldiers for this GB, as I have other infantry models for the wargame I would prioritise higher, given my sparse spare time. (And they would not go into a diorama with the StuG itself, so strictly speaking would not fit the GB framework.)

This is a simple one, and as you can see below the entire kit comes in two sprue frames and with a sheet of decals.

The plastic is a bit more sturdy, since the model is meant to be handled for game purposes. Parts are without any flash as far as I can tell, and there are few mold lines on the smaller parts, such as the MG and front light. None visible on the larger, more complicated parts, which show great details and make this build one of the less time consuming ones. Whilst focused, I think this little model can be built OOB in about two hours and then take its place in the paint queue.

This does not mean the model is lacking in detail, as I feel the plastic molds are up to a high standard, with no injector pin marks in the wrong places, and lots of crisp detail, as you should be able to see if you download and zoom in on the pictures - I hope that works as intended!

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
As expected, the build took only about two hours, and I have done so just now, when the mood was right. (Wonderful to have different hobbies, to go from one passion to the other once the first one dulls a bit!)

Some of the smaller parts are not clearly molded, but once on the model they do their job, remembering this is for wargaming, not display.

There are no placement holes for the smoke launchers.

The commander's cupola hatch is not molded to be able to go elegantly into the closed position, and it was left open for this build, so I could add the commander figure since this is a GB.

Decided to leave off the side skirts this time, as I have just built another one with skirts for the game, to be painted alongside this one.

The gun elevates.

Nice to have something finish in one sitting :smiling: Now, onto painting. And onto that Ðragon kit with interior! :-D

Happy modelling, everyone!

IMG_1137.JPGIMG_1138.JPG